Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#67207 08/18/08 06:28 PM
kLMN Offline OP
OP Offline

Hey everyone,

Over the summer I haven't really needed to play around with photoreading, but now that college is approaching, it will be good for me to actually get into using it.

I have calculus, chemistry and college writing as my classes for my first semester, and each of them has their share of textbooks of course.

So, whats the best way to use photoreading and its steps now that im starting college?

Last edited by kLMN; 08/18/08 06:32 PM.
kLMN #67208 08/18/08 08:25 PM

Hey kLMN,

You never "need" to play with a new toy, you want to because you know it will benefit you in some way, ie; calm you down, build a new skill, etc. Just keep that in mind. ;-)

Well, if I were you I would first go to the library and pick up as many books on those subjects as you can. Photoread them all and activate the ones you feel you should activate. This will build your background knowledge on the subject.

Then I would photoread the textbooks. Super read and dip the whole book in a few sittings. Then go back and activate chapter by chapter whenever you need to for class assignments.

And if I were you, I would photoread every book I can get my hands on, in order to hone your skills and make using the system easier for yourself. Make it second nature.

-JackTuff13

kLMN Offline OP
OP Offline

k, now that i have my textbooks, i decided to look back on this. I've had class for a few days now.. still adjusting to college life as a freshmen here at the U of M - Duluth.

My calculus and chemistry books are like 1200 pages each, so i think my hand would die if i try to photoread that all at once! So like you said, I'll try to do it in a few sittings.

Hopefully PR will become more of a habit than it has been, its been kinda ignored, lol.

Just the other day, a mentalist stopped in here at the U, he made us all write down our names, silly facts, and so on, on a small notecard. He then duck taped his eyes with silver dollars underneath, blind folded himself, and added even more duck tape. Then we put all our notecards into a bowl (about a couple hundred of them).

After that he took one out at a time with his hand, and called out names and all the information on the cards while blind. I dont know how he does it, but it reminded me of photoreading. what do you think? Any more tips for college life and PR?

Last edited by kLMN; 09/03/08 11:30 PM.
kLMN #68282 09/04/08 12:04 AM

Don't be intimidated to start photoreading whole 1200 page tech books daily, even two or three of them.

I do it, it works!

I do not get fuzzy until about 4000 pages or so. But you can go back at it later in day.

Yukala #68300 09/05/08 01:47 AM
kLMN Offline OP
OP Offline

I wont be intimidated, its photoreading \:\)

Time to start a new habit, eh, I'll try to do it daily without any weird looks.

kLMN #68675 09/23/08 01:21 PM
Learning Strategies Admin

I PhotoRead 40 books in an hour ... Still here. That's about 18 minutes of slow flipping. Flip faster and you'll be done in about 10 minutes.

AlexK

Hello Alex

That's wonderful performance.
Do you manual activate all these books?

daweed #69315 11/03/08 06:17 AM

Hello everyone, I am new here. I photoread my accountancy and economics book but am waiting for it to activate. is it ok?
well, one more question. I have spex, so, when i photoread my eyes become blur but cant get them back to normal for almost 2 to 3 minutes after that.
will it cause problem to my eyes?

Yes in time I did manually activate these books.

Originally Posted By: jaky astik
Hello everyone, I am new here. I photoread my accountancy and economics book but am waiting for it to activate. is it ok?

Incubation is fine.

Quote:
well, one more question. I have spex, so, when i photoread my eyes become blur but cant get them back to normal for almost 2 to 3 minutes after that.
will it cause problem to my eyes?

Try PhotoReading without the glasses. It's possible that you are crossing your eyes.

AlexK

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved