I thought to open this topic earlier it seems this subject comes to the fore from many a direction thread to thread.

What can one truly expect from PhotoReading a 100 titles?

Unless kept to a tight subject where many of the books overlap, 100 titles could take you through 4 years of any school.

And what happens with the average grad, so far as learning by book reading AFTER leaving school?

Fully 1/2 never READ another book the rest of their lives!!!

Why? Did they 'arrive' at some all knowing state? Or secure a position where most knowledge is basically by company approved 'rote' so no new reading is generally required?

One wonders...

G. Miller states back in 1956 something which has been repeatedly confirmed,...

...experiments by psychologists such as G. Miller, suggest that the maximum number of chunks of information that an individual can simultaneously comprehend is on the order of seven, plus or minus two. And this takes at least 5 seconds to consciously accept a new chunk of information and does not matter to content or complexity of idea involved. This channel capacity seems to be related to the capacity of short-term memory.

"The span of absolute judgment and the span of immediate memory impose severe limitations on the amount of information that we are able to receive, process and remember. By organizing the stimulus input simultaneously into several dimensions and succesively into a sequence of chunks, we mange to break... this informations bottleneck", in modern parlance, this process is called 'chunking or abstraction'.

So, trying to PhotoRead using ones conscious facilities would be a recipe for frustration as you again and again bump up to short-term and mid-term memory constraints.

You simply must be dumping into the supra-conscious mind and hopefully without much fore-conscious interference.

But, what can you expect from having done so?

Who, by reading 100 books by any method, can then consciously organize such a volume of detail and apply it by thinking it though in yet more detail?

I suspect most grads went out to their respective careers, knowing where to find info they had studied and went with an increased vocabulary conversant on the subject thereto, but have they mastered the detail? Did they need to? But once there and confronted with daily challenges of work and career, the 'need to know' kicked in the required understanding.

The fore-conscious mind is the last dog on the pole to 'know' when the information is required by confronting an experience or event that triggers the 'need to know'.

When I pick a book for the first time, it is foreign in feeling and word (if new subject), yet 48 hours after photoreading any book and I pick it up agin it is as old friend and new found lover.

And when I persist to use it or study it, no matter the difficulty of the material at hand; in a few days at most I have reached intermediate comprehension.

Go figure.