Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
SusanE Offline OP
OP Offline

i have two friends, and their beds are in their worst directions. one friend lives with her boyfriend, and their bed is in the only place it can be, in their total loss direction... but its perfect "essentially." They also have a slatted headboard, so she tied a ribbon that had been blessed by a monk around a few slats... do you think this is enough of a cure? i also suggested she hang a romantic or peaceful image above their bed.

their sofa is also in the perfect place for their living room "essentially" and for layout, but when they sit there, they're facing another of their worst directions. is there a cure for this?

my other friend has to keep his bed where it is, facing one of his worst directions. i'm finding out from him today, via email, how it is positioned in his room. what happens if its on same wall as the door, he can't see the door, and its facing one of his worst directions? he has the same problem in his guest bedroom, too.

i read or heard somewhere that photos shouldn't be placed on the fridge, but i can't remember why. can anyone refresh my memory?

what, exactly are hidden daggers? and why does pulling books to the front of bookshelves relieve this? i can't imagine covering every corner of a bookshelf or door corner that faces my friends or me when we're sitting with cloth. that could quickly prove tacky.

thanks,
susan

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Greetings SusanE,

If a bed can only go a certain way in a bedroom, then it can only go a certain way in the bedroom.Ideally you'd want he front door facing a good direction and have them facing a good direction at their work desk.

The "facing" direction of the couch in a living room isn't a big deal as the bed and desk, since you don't spend as much time there.

If one's head is pointed to the wall their door coming into the room is on, they can place a small mirror to give them a view of the incoming door, but not reflecting across the bed.

Marie mentioned about the fridge and "cooling or freezing " relationship with those who's pictures are on it. I'd pick my battle regarding things like that if a spouse isn't on board with it.

Hidden dagger/arrow, look at strong edges rather than every little corner of this or that. Two walls that carry the flow to a point directed at your desk is something to work with, the little lip of a a tray stand, not so much.

Much Love, Shawn

SusanE Offline OP
OP Offline

thanks shawn.

do you have any thoughts on the blessed ribbon my friend tied across the center slats of her headboard?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha SusanE

threading a blessed ribbon through a few slots in a headboard isn't the same as weaving a cloth that weaves through the whole headboard, or drape over it.

I purchased a beautiful slotted, deep cherry crib for my son a while back, that shifts into a toddler bed and then a full. When Marie brought up about the slotted headboard issue, I draped it each night. We're moving now, but when we pull it out of storage, I'm going to cut and stain a thin wood insert behind the narrow slots to remove the slots and limit the chopped space there.

Much Love,

Shawn

SusanE Offline OP
OP Offline

thank you, shawn.
congrats on your son, and your move.
susan

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Thanks SusanE,

He's turning 5 on the Autumn equinox in a couple weeks, and the bed is now a "full," with the slots to be filled when we pull it from storage.

Much Love, Shawn

Hi Shawn

Regarding the slatted bed. My bed is metal frame. I had a friend quilt covers for both the head and foot board. The colors choosen are a combination of metal colors ( I'm a metal) and activare the 20 year abundance and power stars in my bedroom. The design is celtic knot work which has meaning to me.
You could try something like that for your son.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Good idea.

Funny thing is, originally, we were going to fill the slotted part with some beautiful material that was part of the accent bedding and ruffles when it was in crib-form, but thought cutting and staining a piece to slide into the space would be a bit more elegant.

Much Love, Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved