Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#6285 07/08/03 03:55 AM

It's hard to explain magical theory in something as condense as a discussion forum.

Suffice it to say that the brain requires energy in order to think a thought, and thinking thoughts of your ex-love is taking energy that could be used for curing diseases, ending world hunger, or killing things in a video game.

The link I posted above has the pattern for performing an exorcism in the tradition of Solomon. Another way to reclaim your energy is "recapituation," a form of energized breathing where you "breath out" the energy she gave to you, and "breath in" the energy you gave to her.

If you have an interest in Sorcery, I'd suggest visiting True Mind

[This message has been edited by Kaiden (edited July 07, 2003).]

#6286 08/05/03 06:43 PM

In order to get over, you first must want to get over her. It sounds like you still want her and are hanging on to thought that there is a chance of her coming back. No sir. You just need to tell your self "whats done can not be undone" and move on. There are many fish in the see. With some true determination to get over her and the paraliminal tapes you should get over it in no time. Good Luck

-Benny

#6287 08/06/03 02:08 AM

Excellent advice, Benny.

I'm going to take it myself, as hard as it is. Although part of me balks at it, the words of Christ (Matthew, 18:22) run through my head. When your other-than-conscious mind starts feeding me Bible passages, I know someone's struck a powerful nerve.

All my advice, listed above, is but dust and shadow compared to your brilliant observation, Benny. Thank you for helping me help myself.

#6288 08/06/03 05:18 AM

I would read the book - How to Break Your Addiction to a Person by Howard Halpern. It's wonderful. Also, check out www.emofree.com and press certain acupressure points that help you get over emotional pain.

#6289 08/07/03 03:52 AM

I, too, agree whole-heartedly with Benny.

#6290 08/09/03 07:06 AM

g-evans,

You mentioned that you're looking for closure. Well, I'm affraid that the only "closure" you may get is realizing that you are probably not going to get any closure at all and accepting that fact. I know that, as the song says, "breaking up is hard to do" but you can be certain that time will eventually make things better.

Here are a few websites that will really help you to understand more about women and what went wrong in your past relationships:
http://www.doclove.com
http://www.askmen.com/dating/doclove/index.html

The first site is Doc Love's personal site and the next is an archive of his articles from askmen.com. Hope this stuff helps , I know it has helped me understand women a lot better.

-Patrick

#6291 09/25/03 08:34 PM

In a year's time I have gone through a lot with my first wife. Due to an event in my life, I 'cleaned up the past' with her. This led to us moving in togehter with OUR boys. I proposed to re-marry her and that is how it stood for a while. But I went through a lot of heartache and it is a miracle of a sort that we are actually still living in the same household, but we now have the best relationship that we have ever had, as roommates! We see to the welfare of our kids and enjoy each others company immensely. Just last night I was consoling her and 'being there' for her as she fought with her boyfriend via chat and phone. She waffled more than a politician between two rich lobbyists. That didn't matter, it was about her being happy. Here's the whole thing I am getting at.
We realized that we didn't make our relationship work, we made what works our relationship.
Coming from that perspective there's little to focus on but the positives and to build the relationship around that.
This doesn't mean that you will be rooming with your ex-fiancee and helping her in new relationships...that's what works for us.
But try on the possibility that this viewpoint could make a difference in both of your lives....EVEN if that means no communication because THAT IS WHAT WORKS.
Get it?
Now you can use New Behavior or New History or whichever appeals to you with a new perspective.
I sincerely hope this helps because I spent a lot of time getting to this point myself.

[This message has been edited by spiritofwill (edited September 25, 2003).]

#6292 09/27/03 06:43 AM

Do you guys think Resiliency may help?

#6293 10/07/03 03:24 PM
g_evans Offline OP
OP Offline

lol.
I was over this long ago, not soon after my last post on here i met a great girl and had a short fling with her which reframed alot of things in my mind.
Alot of reframing before doing anything with that girl also helped me realise a few things in that relationship with the ex-fiance.

Basically i was holding on not to her or the feeling of love, but to the idea of having someone. I guess that mainly stemmed from lack of self-esteem and self-respect. Also a doubt that i could get another girl who at the time i thought was quite wonderful. Reality is quite the contrary. Changing myself and hiding my desires shouldn't have been a requirement to having a relationship with her.

The thing that really helped was taking time off to find ME again. Discovering what my needs and wants were, what I desired and what makes me happy

Now i am dating a few girls and things are going pretty good. Flashback memories from time to time but they aren't bad

Advice i would give to anyone thinking of getting over their ex would be to focus on things from a 3rd person perspective and to realise that a relationship with anyone isn't about filling part of you, but adding onto what you already have.

G

#6294 10/07/03 04:37 PM

I think Resiliency will help you thriving on the way to get your problem solvedm so you get the best out of it. The way to the solution will be easier.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved