Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#6312 07/06/03 01:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AlexK:
To volunteer to clean up the mess that everyone else left?

Could be. I never thought of that.

#6313 07/06/03 06:19 PM

Did anyone think that maybe we are supposed to die? Maybe the afterlife is much better than what is going on here. If you lived forever, you would miss out on this afterlife. And maybe the people who put together this 'live forever' course should examine their fears of death.

#6314 07/06/03 07:53 PM

The is a good book called: You're Bigger than Death and Life Too by Daniel Thomas McAneny

I would read this book before I would buy into any course that claims that you can live forever.

#6315 07/07/03 01:58 AM

I agree with the sentiment that we are supposed to die. Although, supposed by whom? Maybe not anyone. I'd put it that it is probably better that we do die.

It's a possibility that when we die that that is it. Game over.

I remember an article where Timothy Leary asked William S. Burroughs something like if he was looking forward to an afterlife. Burroughs said no, that he liked the idea of closure, an absolute end, which is what it was all about to him.

I had a friend who believed that we were destined to have a limited amount of time in this life, but during that time it was possible to live it in the peak of your physical health. Like when you were 18 or in your twenties or whenever that is for you. He was an unusual guy. He looked very fit, and I couldn't tell how old he was though it seemed he was in his late thirties. Thereabouts. Very good skin. Wouldn't be surprised if he was older. Maybe he was on to something. He did a lot of sex magick and ritual high magick.

#6316 07/07/03 03:11 PM

There are three words I will use to describe Alex Chui. Scam, Insane, and Foolish.

#6317 07/07/03 10:55 PM

I dunno about living forever, especially by magnets (crapola if u ask me), but the human aging process can be slowed considerably. Your genes are like shoe laces: they have a 'plastic' piece on the end holding the strands together. Every time your cells divide to replace dead ones, the ends shorten. When they are gone, the cell dies off. Scientists have figgered out a way to prevent the ends from ever shortening, extending your lifetime considerably. Initial testing with fruitflys and some small animals indicate that the average lifespan can be tripled. So the average human lifespan, not counting 'unnatural deaths', could be as high as 300 years on a VERY good diet and exercise regiem.

Extending human life traditionally has one major problem: population. If everyone on earth lived three times longer, the world population would triple very quickly since old ppl wouldn't die to make room for new ppl. Then ppl start starving to death like in poor african countries where we provide medicine but not food. Until science has advanced to where we can support many many more people, we shouldn't concentrate to much on extending life, and more on making room for new arrivals or limiting the birthrates to accomodate. Personally, I thing planetary colonization is the answer, so see ya on mars!

P.S. Sorry about the rant, but I hope it was at least informative

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved