Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
SarZ Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi I’ve just finished the course and I am very impressed with it.

Just recently during a quite period at work I was practicing my Anchorman List on a piece of paper. I would make up a sentence in my mind and then convert the letters to numbers. A colleague noticed the seemingly random list of numbers and asked what I was doing. I quickly said that I could remember the list of numbers in the order it was written. He laughed and took the piece of paper and said go on then tell me. I quickly wiped the smile of his face when I correctly told him the numbers as written on the paper.

These are the number that I had impressed my colleague with: -

It’s simple to remember when you break it down to: -

I HAVE A FANTASTIC MEMORY

9 81225 1 6114201192093 13513151825

This is a great way of remembering your Anchorman List and having some fun.

You can even make longer sentences to recall the numbers; I have used sentences that give 100+ numbers.

A more advanced technique that I use is to add one number to the original number for example

MEMORY would be 13513151825

Advanced technique would be 14614161926

There is less chance of somebody finding out how you remembered the numbers by using the advanced technique.

There are limitless ways of modifying this technique you could use 0 for a certain letter to make it look even more random.

I hope I’ve made sense here and 20811411 251521 61518 12919203149147

SarZ

That's a great way of remembering the numbers/letters out of order.
Today, while I was in the shower, I was thinking of names to put on my ABC List. Since I couldn't write & I didn't want to record, I used my anchorman list to remember the names & kept reviewing them until I got out to write them down. This is also a greatidea todo if you're driving or if the dentist or doctor walks in & you can't record it, or if the telephone rings. Toby

Hi again, I just reread your post again. If you were to make a sentence from numbers that you are going to remember, I would put a space or a slash or- between double digits, like V=22, so that years from now, you don't mistake it for two 2's istead of 22. Toby

SarZ Offline OP
OP Offline

Good idea Toby I could have a diary where I can substitute letters with numbers for certain personal words.

I suppose you could have a conversation with somebody who knows this system just using numbers. People would probably think your going mad!
SarZ

That's a great idea, also if you want to write a note, but don't want anyone reading it. You could write a name in numbers & the numbers in letters - the reverse of what you wrote. Keep the ideas flowing. They are very creative. Toby

this is also an excellent way to generate good passwords - apparently over 70% of people currently using the internet have simple passwords that are an existing word. Sometimes they will add a digit or two at the end. This is the easiest hack to do - even with one-way no-hack algorithms... what the hackers do is enter the entire dictionary through the same one-way algorithm and then match the non-sensical data on the other side to the non-sensical data from password files. Of course, only one hacker actually had to do this. Then he can sell it on to interested parties

So if you make a system for all your passwords you can have something like this
#worD!!23/15/18/4#
mixing upper and lower case letters, special characters and digits - where for ease the letters and the digits represent the same word

Hmm... this is a brilliant idea! I think I'll go apply it *lol*

Kosmik, can you use the # key in a password that you mentioned? Toby

that's an awesome way to do it!

i'm gonna start using that technique

gelvecron

I have used the following keys in passwords:
# % & / = @ and any letter or digit...

Brilliant ideas people.

I just got the course and this memory optmising is fun fun fun

Just one thought though ont his conversation.
Kosmik, your idea of mixing words and letters if of course a good one.Passwords should always be alphanumeric wherever possible.

However, how would you remember which letters to use actual letters with and which letters to sue numbers with.

You'd of course remember the first time, but how would you remember down the line.

I'm just egtting the hang of this (on CD five right now) so maybe you people can suggest something.

Perhaps some ABC list or soemthing to distinguish which letters to actually use as letters, and which letters to replace with numbers.

This would make increase consistency and efficiency when thinking about and defining new passwords.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved