Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
dahound Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Everyone,

I've been following the Learning Strategies website for awhile now & have “previewed” some material. The other day I decided to finally bite the bullet & take a chance with this memory optimizer course, also the 4 powers of greatness one as well.

I purchased the deluxe package version of this memory course as I'm also interested on the vocabulary portion. So I'm wondering how long this will take for me to complete & how much personal effort will it entail to both complete & follow through with?

I ask this because my history (more out of a lack of drive/confidence than anything else) is atrocious when it comes to studying & learning new material; which is why my career prospects are minimal, even though I’ve had reasonable opportunities to advance forward in the past. It’s a cycle I need to break because after all I’m only holding myself back. Unfortunately we do spend more time at work than anywhere else i.e. I'd like to put myself in a position where I can do something I enjoy.

I’ve purchased or signed up to a number of courses & dropped out or left them aside before attempting to even try them, it’s that bad!

Also, are there any tips to watch out for? Remember my experience with these products is slim to none.

Again, any advice, tips, strategies etc would be much appreciated, as I am wondering what to expect from these courses before I receive them.

I thank you all for your time.

Matt

[This message has been edited by dahound (edited April 12, 2004).]

dahound Offline OP
OP Offline

Sorry I didn't mean to include this message & the bottom message, only the top one!

Please forgive my newness

[This message has been edited by dahound (edited April 12, 2004).]

dahound Offline OP
OP Offline

Don't worry about it.
Welcome.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Begin by listening to the first CD. Play with it. The Memory Optimizer works best if you can play with it and go easy on yourself. You don't have to get it right the first time.

I notice you have a couple of courses. Do one first. The Memory Optimizer main course, followed by the 4 Powers course followed by the Accelerator portion of the MO course might be a fun way to approach it.

Remember to look though the course manuals, The MO course manual has a lot of tips that are not on the CDs in the manual.

Have fun with it. Ask any questions and let us know of any interesting techniques you found that work well for you from the courses.

Alex.

dahound Offline OP
OP Offline

Sorry for the slow response, I've been real busy the past few days.

Thanks for your kind welcome Jonah

Alex, thank you also for your tips, they're much appreciated. I'll definitely be referring back to them when my course material arrives, which will hopefully be next week.

[This message has been edited by dahound (edited April 17, 2004).]

Hi and welcome!

I finished the MO course (not deluxe) in about 48 hours - I hadn't decided to, I just kinda got hooked.

That was a few months ago, and i have been playing with it since.

I am going to start listening again to see what I missed the first time around and to be a bit more systematic.

If you have trouble following through (I am verrrry familiar with this!) I would suggest the following:

Promise yourself that you will do one track per day for (16?) days, make a little poster with however-many squares and give yourself a gold star (or a ladybug or a frog or whatever) sticker when you have completed your track. It is so silly, but it has worked for me for several different types of courses

Best of luck - most of all ENJOY!!!!

K.

dahound Offline OP
OP Offline

Hey Kosmik,

Appreciate your feedback, I'll give that poster thing a try. I guess I'll have nothing to lose doing so. Plus it'll give me away to visually see the progress I've made through the cd's as I go.

If I do get stuck at any difficult obstacles along the way, I'll be sure to check with you for advice.

Thanks & good luck with your continued efforts with the material!

Matt

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved