Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
kosmik Offline OP
OP Offline

This could be subdivided into "vulgar and highly offensive" and "creative and more-or-less benign"

I'm not very creative in this arena, though I have friends who practice this particular ABC list (the creative one) now and then. If I can get ahold of evidence, I shall post it.

Here is my contribution, borrowed from a play I was in last year :|

Abruti bierreux à la cervelle ramolie
Baudruche ouattée (oú baudruche emplumée)
Chattemite chafouine
Carne décharnée
Chibre glabre (oú chibre glaireux)
D...
E...
Follingue grimaceuse
Faux-cul merdeux crane d'oeuf de surcroit
Face de rat qu'aime les mouches
Gros plein de sacs
Homoncule
Ignoble avorton
Immonde empesé
Judas!
K...
L...
Minusissime malotru empesé
Mauviette à sa maman
Naveton ortopédique
O...
Pignouff
Quarteron de gâteux
Renégat fieloneux
Reliquat d'avorton
Résidu de giclette (my favorite!)
Souriceau sournois et sans scrupules
Talonnette
Ububu de popoche
V...
W...
X...
Y...
Zébron blanchi de frais

Kosmik--
How about curse words/slang in a language you are learning. I'm learning the Scandenavian languages (Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish) so I would want a "Vocab ABC"

Kosmik-- One question, What is the difference Bokmal and Nynorsk?
I understand Bokmal is more "Danish" than Nynorsk, would I have a problem understanding and reading Bokmal if I were a Nynorsk speaker or vice versa?

kosmik Offline OP
OP Offline

Nynorsk is a constructed language. It resembles some dialects. I find it difficult to read, but I don't usually have difficulty understanding the spoken dialects. It is based almost entirely on dialects of the south-western region, and excludes as many as it includes (at least).

Bokmål is the natural development of the norwegian written language from being entirely danish a hundred and fifty years ago (when "getting an education" meant going to copenhagen and learning danish, french and latin, more or less). I find bokmål to be more natural and less constipated. Some people love nynorsk (you may sense that I have a bias against it... I totally do! ).

If you learn to read bokmål, you will be able to read danish and norwegian with ease, and you will be able to read nynorsk and swedish with more concentration and effort.

I guess it is all a question of habit. If you learn to understand the dialect around Oslo (the closest spoken dialect to the written bokmål) you will not necessarily be able to understand the dialects of Stavanger, Bergen, Nordfjordeid, Trondheim, Bodø, Tromsø, Kirkenes... but it would be easy to get hang of it if you started hearing them, because the differences are quite systematic - either specific replacements of certain phonems, or a change in the grammar (or both). Like I said: Once you start hearing them, it will just take a small amount of time to adjust to the differences.

Thanks

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved