Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
TobyEL Offline OP
OP Offline

abicus,accordian, bells, bongos, bugle, cello, cymbals, clarenet, drums, electric piano, electric guitar, flute, french horn, guitar, harmonica,(creative licence) marching band, oboe, piano, recorder, (creative license)symphony, string cortet sp?,trumpet, violin, xylophone That's all for now. Toby

Administrator
Administrator

Since I suggested the list I won't post unless requested

Was an interesting experience trying to remember the instrument for I... having a visual image and not remembering the name given to it (it consist of bottle caps)

Alex

TobyEL Offline OP
OP Offline

Alex, please post your lists!!!!! Let's all play this game. Okay?? I just remembered another word -Moroccas-I think that's what it's called. You shake them, one in each hand. I had the same problem with some of the names. I would picture the object, but not recall the names for it. Toby

Administrator
Administrator

Ahhh but my list is complete from A to Z with multiple entries. Be kind of let down for the others to post it at this point. I'll post it later when we have a few more entries. Seeing I suggested the list (even though I didn't write it till I saw yours) I consider myself having an unfair advantage

I will post my lists on topic Priest though was an unsual idea for me and mentally created 3 list (a fourth in my dream which I thankfully forgot)

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited January 23, 2004).]

Administrator
Administrator

Other types of priest

Archbishop; Brother, bishop; Cardinal; Druid; Ecclesiastic; Friar; Guru; Hierophant; Isis; J…; Knight (Templars); Lama; Monk; Nun; Official; Pope, padre; Quaker; Rabbi; Saint; T…; Unfrocked; Vicar; Witch/warlock; X (x-priest) Y…; z…

Religions – with priest like leaders

Anglican; Baptist; Catholic; Druidism; Eckankar; Fabians; Gnostic; Hindu; Islam; Jesuit, Jewish; Karaites; Lutheran; Muslim, Mormons; Neopagan; Orthodox; Pagan; Quaker; Roman Catholic; Scientology, Seventh day Adventist; Theologies, Taoism; Unification; Vudun (voodoo); Wicca; X…; Yazdis; Zion, Zoroastrianism;

Priest – Important to

Altar; Baptismal; Cathedral, church; Daily service; Ecclesiastic; Faith, followers; God; Holidays, holy book, hymn; Inspiration; J…; Keeper; Living benefice, lectern; Money; Neophyte; Offering; Pew, parish, prayer; Quest; Ritual; Sermon; Temple; U…; Vestments, vow; Worship; X…; Y…; Z…;

Any offerings for the blanks?

Alex

TobyEL Offline OP
OP Offline

Okay Alex. I thought of 2 more words - banjo & harp. I wish I could find the words for the other letters that I don't have words for. Here's to coming up with more words. Then, I want to do the other lists you mentioned. Toby

Here's Mine, Partly:

B=Banjo, Bass, Bagpipes,Bassoon, Bells
C=Cello, Chimes, Clarinet,Clavicord, Cornet
D=Dulcimer, Drum
E=English Horn
F=Fife, Fluegelhorn, Flute, French Horn
G=Glockenspiel, Gong, Guitar

Administrator
Administrator

Since we were the players heres my list...

Accordion, alpine horns (alphorn); Bass, banjo, bagpipes, bugle, bowls; Cello, cymbals, cannon, chimes, clarinet; Drums, Didgeridoo; Euphonicon* (a type of piano), Euphonium (a type of tuba)*; Flute, French horn, fiddle, fife; Guitar, Grand piano, gong; Harp, harpsichord, horn; Indian drums, Idiophone (bottle caps on a stick, probably the correct term for a boom-bah too); Jugs**; Kazoo**, kettledrums; Lute, lyre; Mandolin, music stick; Ngalabi* long drum (Uganda); Oboe Ophimonocleide*, Ophicleide* (both bass horn family); Piano, Pianola, panpipes, penny whistle; Quartet, Quinticlave*; Rain stick, rattle, rhythm sticks; Synthesizer, samisen (Japanese instrument that resembles a guitar), saw**, saxophone; Tuba, triangle, Tambourine, trombone; Ukulele, upright piano; Violin, voice, vocal cords, viola ; Wobble board**, washboard**, wind chimes; Xylophone; Yangqin [dulcimer]* Chinese instrument; Zither (stringed across a board, played like a Hawaiian guitar, on the lap)

* Not originally known to me (I learnt something new doing this)
** Musicians took the artistic license before me
Took me the longest to remember idiophone, remembered the i and that bottle capped instrument and always was of the opinion it’s an idiotic instrument and couldn’t remember the word

Alex

TobyEL Offline OP
OP Offline

Alex, your Priest list is very impressive. Good job!! Thanks for posting Jonah. I thought of more words last night, so I'll just update my list. Their was a few more instruments that I could picture, but not remember the names for. Oh well!
abicus, accordian, bells, bongos, bugle, banjo, cello, cymbals, clarinet, drums, electric guitar, flute, french horn, guitar, harmonica, harp, morracas, mandolin, oboe, organ, piano, piccalo, recorder, saxaphone, string instruments, trumpet, tuba, viloin, wind instruments, xylophone. I'm missing I,J,K,L,N,Q,U,Y & Z. Toby

TobyEL Offline OP
OP Offline

Oops, I forgot singing or vocal cords. Toby

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved