Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#67621 01/07/04 12:20 AM
OP Offline

Hi People

I have been through the course and have a few questions that might be of interest to others too and that hopefully someone can help us answer these?

1.Dose one use the Anchorman list to help create knowledge ABC lists?

2.When creating an ABC list on topics, can it be created over days on that certain topic as you come accross the various associations and words for that list?

3.Dose one only use an Anchorman list when one is having trouble linking an idea or word?

4.Whats the best way to construct info into ones memory web from reading a book or studying using a ABC knowledge list? After every chapter? or after the book? or during the reading of the chapter / book or study?
How many ABC lists can one create for a book?

5. Whats the best way to memorise anything you watch on T.V?

6. Dose a person only have one Anchorman list from which to create and learn from?

Hope this helps others out there that may need the same answers

Many Thanks

#67622 01/07/04 06:24 AM
Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by captainmorgan:
Hi People

I have been through the course and have a few questions that might be of interest to others too and that hopefully someone can help us answer these?

1.Dose one use the Anchorman list to help create knowledge ABC lists?

You can. The Anchorman list helps you identify letter and number. For that alone you have created a knowledge web to which you can anchor other information in a specific location (number or letter) to help trigger recall. You don't "have" to use the anchorman list since ABC automatically has a number and location, it helps if you're having difficulty recalling a piece of information to use the visual you created in the anchorman list to bring it into your knowledge web.

quote:
2.When creating an ABC list on topics, can it be created over days on that certain topic as you come accross the various associations and words for that list?

Yes. It's your list it can be created any way you want.

quote:
3.Dose one only use an Anchorman list when one is having trouble linking an idea or word?

No. It can be used as a short cut for creating another list. Can be used for problem solving. Can be dumped althogether for another list that you prefer or have better recall of as your anchor list.

quote:
4.Whats the best way to construct info into ones memory web from reading a book or studying using a ABC knowledge list? After every chapter? or after the book? or during the reading of the chapter / book or study?
How many ABC lists can one create for a book?

There is no one best way. Try and see what works most effectively for you. I've closed a book and challenged myself to find a meaningful word or phrase for each letter to explain the content of a book. For real studying I still prefer mind mapping or analograffiti with an abc list representing a summary.

quote:
5. Whats the best way to memorise anything you watch on T.V?

I prefer to listen and mind map on a second listening (i.e I record it) Some people can manage to mind map on a first listening.

quote:
6. Dose a person only have one Anchorman list from which to create and learn from?

Create as many as you want. Different subjects or categories are fun and useful for different associations.

quote:
Hope this helps others out there that may need the same answers

Many Thanks

#67623 01/12/04 10:21 PM
OP Offline

Thanks Alex

All is good, except i am still a little fuzed on question 5 on T.V, you mentioned mindmapping, allthough mindmapping requires some time to draw the map out etc, but if one was watching a documentaryfor example,what would be the best way to construct it, not like just watch it and forget about and not being able to recall much of it at a later date.

As for Question 6 regarding how many anchorman lists one can create? you were refering to Anchorman lists right? and not ABC lists?

Many thanks once again

#67624 01/13/04 06:07 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Documentaries are much like lectures you can mind map them easily enough. The process of mind mapping adds a lot to your memory and you just look at the mind map to review it.

I'd be inclined to watch the documentary first before mind mapping it. And then do the mind map while watching it a second time. It helps to clue what is the important information and prepare me for what comes next (and I can pause if I want to draw something on the mind map)

The anchorman list is just an ABC list one that you will fall back onto when you need an ABC list for anchoring things.

You can have as many lists as you need or want for that. Vera Birkenbhil has heaps of lists. Some act as the anchorman list does for various memory webs and others are abc knowledge list. Which she has additional uses for. I understand she has a file box of knowledge list about many subject (including Star Trex Deep Space 9). The list are only limited by your imagination and if you have the list solid in your memory they can function as the Anchorman list in lieu of the Anchorman list.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved