Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Well we all know there is a product called PhotoReading out there that alows someone to take in any information via visual text, and program it into ones subconcious with various techniques, so is there any such a program that can teach the techniques of programming audio into the subconscious?
I was listening to a cassette tape that talks about learning and retaining audio information into the subconscious via spaced repition during your sleep.
It mentions that for the sub-conscious to retain information it is through spaced repition of between 7 to 21 times of listening and can be done during ones sleep.
Unfortunataly it did not go in detail on how exactly one should go about it eg: for how many hours during the night should this audio play, and what sort of spaced time dose one allow ones self before moving on to the next audio etc
It makes so much sense to learn while sleeping, specially if this is the time that the sub-conscious is at its best for taking in information, allthough one has to give the mind resting time too to gather all this info together, and am not sure what the spaced times for that can be
if one plans to do a audio course.
Any suggestions or info on the above?

Many Thanks

What kind of information are you talking about? If it is factual information, then I think you have to be conscious for the mind to absorb it. If it is affirmations, then your mind may be able to absorb it when it is in the theta brain wave state. I'm not sure, but I think the brain is in theta every 90 minutes or so.

OP Offline

Hi Hoss

It will be audioinformatin from a course, eg anything I wish to learn what I would usuall learn consciuosly, but also non-consciously whilst sleeping, there are methods and techniques for doing such a method.
Check out this site: www.sleeplearning.com its descibes what I am talking about in more detail, probably the only site on the net that I could find regarding sleeplearning, so if you come up with anything else let me know?

Regards

Without reading their ebook, I don't really know enough to say whether or not it works. Even if the subconscious mind can absorb information while you sleep, how practical is it? Mastering any subject requires far more information than would fit on any tape. Of course, you could make several tapes, but that would be very time-consuming and that time would probably be put to better use by studying. Since the brain is in theta for only a few minutes at a time(during sleep), you would have to know exactly when your brain would be in theta ahead of time. It seems like the amount of information you could absorb at any one time would be extremely limited.

Again, without actually reading their book, I can't really say for sure. There may be something to it. There have been times that I have fallen asleep in front of the TV before and I dreamed about the show I that was on while I was sleeping. The subconcious mind must be fairly active during certain sleep cycles. But if sleep learning is such an effective way to learn things, then why isn't there more of a market for products like this? It just doesn't sound practical to me.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved