Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#67657 10/26/03 02:38 AM
OP Offline

when's a good time to use this trick? I suppose you could use it to learn general definitions of words as an alternative to auxilary threads .. am I right?

what are some of the possibilities?

#67658 10/26/03 07:00 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Sumarising a book or chapter, just use the heading and word associate as well as drawing graphics.

Problem solving, write the word that represents your problem, use links to define the negatives problem. Write the word and this time produce either the opposite or a postive word in it's place.

Pros and cons
Write a word for the subject your considering link the pros and then do it again for the cons.

Understanding technical information. Take the technical word and then associate the meaning, use, purpose of the word.

Short cut mind mapping. Hate Mind mapping because you never know what to branch off it?
Branch off the letters of the key words.

Group brain storming sessions. have the key word that represents the problem or goal and then have the group. EG We are having problems with out customer, they are complaining about our service. Without customers we don't have a business how can we serve them better

C= consumers
U= Understanding what they want
S= Service
T= Training of customer relations people
o= Open minded to suggestions from customers
M= Motivate the staff to serve them promptly
E= Enthusiams; generate enthusiams for our producs
R= Repeat. A happy customer becomes a repeating customer

Ok they are not billiant I made the up as I was typing. But even so it's interesting how the mind dumps answers when you give it a limit.

Bit like using the ABC list for problem solving. In fact I you have trouble coming up with a word. Pick one from the ABC list at random.

Alex

#67659 10/26/03 05:13 PM
OP Offline

Thnx but i do have some questions

For the "Group brain storming sessions" you used more than 1 or 2 words.. isn't that more like an anagram type of thing? arent the keywords suppose to all connect somehow to make a sentence, as opposed to several indivual sentences?

For the real analograffiti would i just use the keywords such as.. consumer, understanding and service to represent my thoughts?

gelvecron

#67660 10/27/03 07:41 AM
Administrator
Administrator

In the case of analgraffitti for brain storming, I picked a key word and created a sentence. This was to bear in mind that those words can be selected by the group for further break down.

The single word becomes triggers for answers. Yes they can become individual sentences the thing is if you drew an analgraffiti for it and thought of the same word again the letters bring back the same analysis. It becomes a type of self created anagram. Key words don't have to create a sentence. I haven't come across that limitation for analgraffiti. Not one of Vera examples in the Analgraffiti book did she structure the letters to a sentence. For some of the letters she drew 2 or 3 inital letter associaton. Most associative words are 2 word phases. This seem to me logical since the mind connects everything by association.

Need to make a speech about memory well an analgraffiti would be a good way to start to discover what you already know.

M = mind tricks
E= Eureka effect
M= madelines might not understand the connections for this one but it has got to do with sense of smell trigging memories.
O= Organising thoughts
R= receital/repetition
Y= Youth -age

This would give me something to talk about without having to do researd because I drew it up from my mind.

If I wanted to test my understanding of a subject I could do the same thing.

to make a sentence out of the word seems rather redundant when you can make associative thoughts and phrases that fan the further through the memory web.

Though if you wanted to make a sentence and it is meaningful for you then go for it. I'd be interested in knowing your experience. I don't think there is one final correct way to use analgraffiti. That would be self defeating.

Anyway, this topic has given me an idea. Going mind exploring if I don't come out send a torch

Will come back and post if I find something.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved