Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#67773 12/20/02 04:28 AM
OP Offline

I decided to come back to this course as i have exams soon. I had great expectations for the course, but then when i came to applying it i fell down. In my subject which is law, i found it hard to filter chapters i had to revise into a few keywords because i had to know everything.

In the course it talks about learning proper, linking new facts to what you already know. How do i do this, can someone explain it simply?

#67774 12/20/02 02:40 PM

When you read new facts, images are naturally produced in your mind all the time. Try to use these images, however silly or strange, because everything you hear, see, read, reminds you of something and conjures up images in your mind.

Learning proper is as you said, linking new facts with what you already know. You may have to get creative to tie in the new information or to make a connection, but there must be some way you can link the new idea to an already existing one.

Review the portion of the course on creating auxiliary threads. You do not need to link the new fact, let's say on a certain statute, to something you know about legal issues. Tie it to something that you can make a connection with, but may not be directly related to the law. This is where the work comes in, and you need try to be as creative as you can.

And remember the rules that go along with learning proper, for example:

1. Work in small modules. Learn just four or five facts per learning session. Later on you will find that you have more to tie the new information to so you will be able to learn maybe 15 or 20 new facts.

2. Work slowly.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved