Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Here's what I've done so far: I have the Anchorman list memorized to the point were my associations go with number or letters so that I can pick a number or letter at random and know what it is.

I tried to make an ABC list for my electromagnetic fields class, couldn't do it.

So I'm going to start off on Statistics.
I've constructed to ABC lists, one for each chapter.

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to memorize each list.

Am I supposed to attach them to the Anchorman list?

Should I somehow attach definitions to each word?

Any tips would be great for this beginner. Thanks for all your help.

Great work so far!

Vera recommends that if you are having a difficult time with an ABC list on a subject, break it down into "micro actions." Try to find just two words for your list per day. The training effects on the brain are cumulative so even doing a little, you will build your list and memory. The more you practice your lists, the easier re-construction will be.

Since you already know the Anchorman list, tie your new list to those items, because the Anchorman List is part of your existing memory web and working knowledge.

You could assign a logical order to your new concepts or words, which will link each one to each of your anchor list. If you have nine topics, just use the first nine in your anchor list.

Remember to be creative, playful, use emotion or humor, which the brain will perceive more vividly. Even if consciously you don't easily visualize the connections you create, non-consciously your brain will create images.

[This message has been edited by Sandy Millies (edited October 23, 2002).]

Stace,
I'm just wondering how many important words from your class you could hook onto

electromagnetic fields class?

I'm also wondering how effective it would be to combine memorization w/ ABC lists, analograffiti, creative sentences, acronyms for a subject w/ lots to memorize & learn?

[This message has been edited by Margaret (edited October 23, 2002).]

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved