Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Will Ho Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi All,

I have used MO to memorise the chapter headings in books for exams. The problem I have is that when I attach the chapter heading to the anchor list I use images, some times the chapter heading due to it's technical nature I find it difficult to make an image for it. For example "confguring sites", "administering group policy". Any suggestions?

Administrator
Administrator

I usually break up the word.. eg configuring sites con -figure -sites for me becomes a conman figureskating (wearing a tutu of course) at a demolition site.

administering group policy would become ad-ministering group policy in this case I get an image of an advertising man with his storyboard and phone ministering a group of police.

AlexK

Will Ho Offline OP
OP Offline

AlexK,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will give it a try.

I try to come up with any, easy association that comes to mind. For example, Authentication: Association that came to my mind was: often vacationing. I was associating with the sound of Authentication. Now, for the meaning. Authentication is defined: involves some type of security system used to positively identify a user in order to determine permissible access to resources. (A user proves their identity by providing a password. Resource access can be based upon this “proven” identity.) So, then I’ll work on tying the meaning into my association of often vacationing. I see myself going done to the beach that is being protected by military men. When I get to them I have to tell them the password, and show them a picture of me. They go ahead and check their computer to see if I am a valid member to the beach. They accept me in. Now, I can gain access to the beach and the ocean. Once inside I am able to use all the resources like chairs, umbrellas, or anything I can imagine being a resource associated with the beach.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved