Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#67843 09/12/02 02:02 AM
OP Offline

I have gone through course and i remeber there being a teacher who pegged keywords to the anchorman list and then used abc lists for each keyword giving a vast web of information. It seemed so exciting when i was first thinking about it, but now i have tried to apply the idea to learning info i have to learn from a book and i am struggling. I know the keywords to peg to the anchorman list will be the chapter headings. However for the abc list i am confused because to do an abc list the issues have to be in order of the alphabet, which they are not. So then i think to myself i need to read the chapter and then try to make an abc list of what i remeber, problem is the chapters are so long (land law i am learning) and full of complex explanations that i rarely end up with an abc list that is sufficient to give a decent understanding of the chapter. Then i remeber intelligent gap management and creative cheating, if i take keywords verbatim from the chapter and put them in the abc list it problably isnt constructing such that i will be able to reconstruct later as i have not come up with the keyword from my own memory.

Perhaps i need to listen to this course again to give more understanding. So what am i asking is can someone give me an example of how they used the achorman list to learn information from books for educational purposes.

#67844 09/12/02 03:10 AM

quote:
I know the keywords to peg to the anchorman list will be the chapter headings.

No, don't do like that Look at the reply i gave to jonah.

Take a chapter & pick out key words and ideas. Hook them onto the Anchorman if you are unfamiliar w/ them. After a few days of review, you'll have them memorized.

Then you can MM off of the individual words. Or you can combine analograffiti and MMing. I tried to explain it to jonah.

I've actually taken a sentence and MMed up and did the letters going down. Eg., earth

Going down i used each letter e-a-r-t-h So what key understanding dealing w/ earth begings w/ E? A? R? That goes down.

Then going up, i'd MM some idea beginning w/ E. Could be more info from below or new info.

is this somewhat clear?

#67845 09/12/02 10:58 AM
OP Offline

I am not sure. So it is mindmapping the individual words that make up the keywords i have pegged to the achorman list.

#67846 09/12/02 01:24 PM

You could also try Analograffiti. It's such a simple technique but it works well for learning complex ideas.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved