Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#67987 11/07/01 08:36 AM

I've been working on MO for a couple of weeks now. I've been taking it slow, and initially things weren't coming together for me as quickly as I would have liked. But the more I just plug away, with listening and referring back to the book and referring to this forum, the more it is coming together for me, especially as I approach the end of the course. I'm more able to tie things together. I guess you could say I'm doing it in layers.

Margaret, thanks for sharing your anchorman list and all your ideas. It certainly helps to learn about your memory web and not just Vera's and Mike's. This course is a pretty significant paradigm shift, at least for me, which is why I think it's important to listen to the MO paraliminal as directed.

Have any of you formulated a specific goal with the use of MO course? My main goal is improving my memory within my profession of medicine. Given that my work has an altogether different vocabulary, I'm trying to see how I can apply Vera's tricks specifically to my situation. I think those answers may come the more I use her techniques.

Thanks everyone for sharing.

#67988 11/08/01 06:51 AM

I replaced 15 items in the Anchorman list for the same reason as Old Golfer.

I used the same idea as Margaret for U but I used the word universal as 21 is the universal age for legal drinking throughout the U.S.

For H I used Habit as most people take 8 weeks to change a habit.

14=n=Nitrogen because it has a molecular weight of 14

20=t=tapeworm because they can grow to 20 feet in length

11=k=knots because most ships can easily sail faster than 11 knots

Those are some of the more interesting substitutions that I made for my own Anchorman list for those of you who are curious.

I am useing this course to generally improve my ability to recall information, generate new ideas, and to learn new information.

Just posting my own 2 cents worth.

#67989 11/07/01 10:48 PM
OP Offline

Gregory,
For an abstract word like "habit" i think, in order to hang stuff on it, you also need to have a vivid picture of a person w/ a particular habit. I have 11 as knock b/c i used the | | to draw a door. So for me, my K = knock & i see a DOOR which is my peg word. For my U=underage, i see a 14 yr. old kid w/ a silly smile trying to act big-shot. I hang my info on the kid.

You probably already do this. Since we have not mentioned it, i thought it might be timely

Thanks, Imagineez enjoy your input

#67990 11/08/01 01:00 AM

Thank you Margaret,

I hadn't really linked the Anchorman list with visualization yet. Perhaps that is why some of my words are sometimes a little difficult for me to come up with. Linking the two should make this alot more usefull.

Now I'm going to have to re-evaluate it AGAIN!!!

Gregory

#67991 11/09/01 12:38 AM

I thought I would share some of my Anchorman List too. I ended up changing 18 of the words in all.

1=A for Activist /because for me I see an activist as one of the FIRST to step up for a cause.

8=H for High school/ I was number 8 in academic rank in my high school class.

11=K for Knob/ I took Margaret's idea of a door and put a knob on it.

15=O for October/ For some reason, I kept seeing October 15th as an important day, but I couldn't understand why. I photoread the dictionary under "O" and came upon October and read that it's the eight month of the ancient Roman year. Immediately, I remembered something I learned in Latin class years ago: "march, july, OCTOBER, may, the Ides fall on the 15th day."

22=V for violin/ I play the violin and the 2's resemble 'f' holes when one of the 2's is switched around.

13=M for mystery/ I think of the 13th floor in a building that the elevator does not stop at and it's a MYSTERY to me what's on that floor and how you get there.

16=P for party/ You have a birthday party to celebrate your sweet sixteen.

14=N for nickel/ 1+4 = 5 for the worth of a nickel.

It was pretty fun to make this list. The next step is practicing using it.

#67992 11/09/01 01:01 AM
OP Offline

WOW What a super list. I'm going to use the 1 + 4 = $.05 for N = nickel. I really like that & so easy to hang stuff on & recall. Thanks a million

I really enjoyed your explanation for Mystery too. Imagineez suits you

[This message has been edited by Margaret (edited November 08, 2001).]

#67993 11/19/01 06:35 AM

I have borrowed a number of anchors from the lists above. To attempt to contribute more ideas, here are some that haven't been mentioned:

4 - Durango -- it has 4 doors
8 - Hamill -- Dorothy Hamill skates figure 8's
10 - Jet -- A DC10 is a jet
11 - Kicker -- might be a stretch, but the goal posts also look like an 11 (H just didn't work out...)
13 - Mirror -- 13 is supposed to be bad luck and so is breaking a mirror

Has anyone come up with anything for Q? Still using Quest but I have no idea where the space station came from.

#67994 11/19/01 01:17 PM

For "Q" I am using Queen. I imagine a queen wearing a crown or rings with 17 karat diamonds.

#67995 12/03/01 04:03 PM

Just had an interesting experience with ABC Lists that, to me, verifies Vera's claims that things will get much better after some number of lists.

We have a newborn at home. Just after he came home, my wife desperately needed sleep. I spent 3 hours rocking him one night so that she could get some rest. The room we were in had no radio, tv, or anything else to occupy my time. I decided to make ABC Lists to avoid total boredom.

Having no way to write, I just did them mentally, stopping at each letter in order and not leaving that letter until I had an answer (unless I was convinced I didn't have one). What I noticed was that, over time, the associations seemed to come more quickly and they seemed "deeper." By deeper, I mean that the associations did not seem like answers that came off the top of my head. (For instance, actors like James Franciscus, Donald Pleasance, and Udo Kier). It was interesting at how much better the process got over the 3 hour period.

Today was the next test. Did the time spent result in a "permanent" improvement or was it a temporary artifact of the time spent? Going by this morning's efforts, it was at least semi-permanent. The interesting thing is that today I tried some of the same lists. Many times, instead of getting a name for an actor or actress (as an example), I would get a face. It was then up to me to determine the name that went with the face. Since I don't tend to think visually, this was a new experience for me. When I did come up with the name, I found that the images were right on.

If this continues, my opinion of the PLC will certainly go up.

#67996 01/14/02 03:05 PM

Margaret:

How do you get into the Alpha state ? What is the 3 finger method ?

I got the PR home study course 8 months ago. Still haven't gotten activation. Try as I may. I have taken all your suggestions in the PR DF. Have also taken Dana's suggestion. My mind is still blank. Nothing.

Anyway, I just got the MO home study course. Man, is it heavy stuff or what. Anchorman list and all. I am trying to read all your DF on MO. YOu have great ABC lists. The funny thing is that every 30 minutes or so of listening to the tapes my mind goes into a sleep pattern and I feel so, so, sleepy. I then have to stop. Did this happen to you ? Maybe it is my age.

I have reach the 4a tape. I am going to make the ABC lists as soon as I can.

Thanks, Aron

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved