Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hello Forumites,

I've completed the program.

I'm unclear on the specific tasks for daily mental hygiene. I know the term was mentioned but I don't see a clear list of the recommended tasks for daily memory improvement.

Does anyone know what's suggested?

markflour,
1. Working w/ your ABC Lists. I have almost 50 now, but she did say the first 300 repetitions of a new behavior are the hardest. I'm curious to see what happens by 300 that makes it a magic number. But this is mental hygiene.

2. All of her games are mental hygiene as well b/c you are exercising your mind/memory.

3. Anything that you do that is brain friendly is also mental hygiene. One of the most important mental hygiene practices i developed from the PhRing course is drinking a glass of water prior to any mental work.

4. Read the second paragraph under step 5: Re-construct on pg. 54 of your manual. This is the most important mental hygiene technique i gleened from her course.

Hope this helps!

OP Offline

Thanks for your response.

I'm wondering what sort of results you've had with the memory program.

Thanks Again,

Mark

Mark,
I'll not know for some time what kind of results come my way. If i was in school, i might be able to tell sooner.

What about your results?

quote:
Originally posted by markflour:
Thanks for your response.

I'm wondering what sort of results you've had with the memory program.

Thanks Again,

Mark

[This message has been edited by Margaret (edited November 29, 2001).]

OP Offline

Once again, Thanks for your response.

I've used a variety of memory programs including Dominic O'Brian's and Kevin Trudeau. This program seems to work more directly with thinking-patterns then with memory improvement.

I've listened to most of the tapes twice and completed all of the exercises. I've been working with the alphabet peg list and abc knowledge list but I can't say that I've noticed any memory improvement. I am more aware of some of the associations and the fluid nature of the memory associations.

I guess the question becomes what results should we expect to see and how long will it take.

Mark,
Very fair assessment. I agree w/ you completely, in that, your findings parallel mine.

I have been doing Mind Mapping for yrs. now, PhRing, using Silva alpha programming and 3-finger techniques, using paraliminals ...and you know what, i probably do not need this course for my memory which has increased dramatically as a result of the above mentioned programs. Plus, i have been doing the CRI holosync program for 2.5 yrs.

I do know that i have used the Anchorman List & the ABC Lists i've made very successfully for problem solving and lots of interesting things. But, like you, i think my areas of improvement w/ this course will come in my ability to problem solve & think.

Good luck to us all...

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved