Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
mgrego2 Offline OP
OP Offline

This is probably related to my question on learning new things, but I thought I would toss it out there anyway.

The suggestions for improved activation involve Analograffiti, ABC Lists, and mind maps.

I get the mind maps and I'm assuming that the ABC list would be similar to the one I entered for PhotoReading in a previous post. OK so far? If not, please let me know.

With respect to Analograffiti, we just pick a keyword of some type and look for ways to associate each of the letters? What is the basis for choosing that key word? Some trigger word that we encountered? A word that appears to provide "over-all" significance to the topic?

Once we have settled on a key word, what process of activation enables us to link each of the letters in the key word? Is it as simple as thinking, "Hmmm..what concept could I apply using the letter A?" That seems like an awfully vague and open-ended way to approach the process. Is there a good way to apply Analograffiti?

Thanks.

Mgrego2,

I'm trying to put it all together myself. I actually was reading and listening about analograffiti today. I think it's complicated, but yet so simple. I'll give it a try.

Going on the theory that when you photoread, you are laying down tracks/highways in your 11 miles of nonconscious, the goal is obviously to somehow access those networks through activation - in this case using analograffiti. Of course, we won't access everything in the 11 miles nonconscious because whatever we are activating is pertaining to the specific purpose or goal we set with photoreading in the first place. With that in mind, your inner mind is guiding you toward the key words/phrases/ideas (trigger words/dipping areas) that pertain to your goal/purpose. This is through the workings of our inner mind. We are now aware of the pertinent info. our inner mind guided us towards. My understanding is that you use analograffiti with information you've activated through the superreading or dipping process. The next activating process is using Analograffiti to make the associations (as it pertains to your own memory web) within the material. One connection will lead to another. (I'm sure it's an amazing experience.) This will lead us to further consciously access the info. we need in the 11 mile nonconscious. Analograffiti might seem restrictive because you're only using the letters within that trigger word to make connections to that word, but you are probably making connections far greater than you might realize at that moment in time. Who knows where it'll lead you. This form of activation aids in construction and reconstruction, while allowing you to make a connection to the rest of the book. Tying everything together is very satisfying in the context of your original purpose. Vera states that thinking of an idea/word that starts with a particular letter produces that questioning effect and allows your brain to now access info. easier. It is much more autobiographical in the process and leads to heightened creativity and therefore better memory. You just don't necessarily know the path that you'll take with the process of certain activation techniques, namely analograffiti. What seemingly is restrictive can open you up much more to your own associations with the material and make those links/threads to information you otherwise would not have had conscious access to.

This is my understanding anyways. I hope it wasn't confusing. It helped me to write it out to understand it better, assuming I'm on the right track.

mgrego2 Offline OP
OP Offline

Imagineez,

You are sharing interesting ideas. You state that typing the stuff helps YOU to understand it better. Must be the same for me and that's why I keep at the posting.

I tried Analograffiti on two Photoreading keywords last night: Photoread, Activate. It wasn't easy but I can see that it is a skill that will improve over time.

I created a gif image of one that I was going to insert here but I don't have it on a web page somewhere, so I don't think I can.

Here are the results, in case anyone is interested. I'd be interested in any feedback it generates. I post them to see if they spur conversation, NOT because they are stellar examples. It's too bad I can't get the image to show, it looks much better in Vera's format.

P - Prepare
H - Have questions (mind probing)
O - Observe format (of material--preview)
T - Trigger
O - Outline important content (mind map...)
R - Reconstruct
E - Evaluate
A - Activate
D - Dig (for details)

Seems to be an obvious bias toward activating there.

A - Active reading
C - Create questions
T - The memory web
I - Intuition
V - Visualize success
A - Auxilary threads
T - Topics (keywords)
E - Embrace uncertainty (play, enjoy...)

I realize there are no wrong or right answers but I would be interested in any thoughts these may have prompted in others (assuming they prompt any at all).

Wonderful posts, guys. Enjoyed them both.

Excellent analograffiti, mgrego. I enjoyed it lots.

I also enjoyed your analograffiti (AG). Have you tried it yet in the context of activating a book? I wonder if that might be an easier experience. Thanks for sharing your AG.

mgrego2 Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks. No, I haven't tried it with activating a book yet. I guess I don't feel ready to take that step yet.

quote:
Originally posted by Imagineez:
I also enjoyed your analograffiti (AG). Have you tried it yet in the context of activating a book? I wonder if that might be an easier experience. Thanks for sharing your AG.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved