Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#6390 08/04/03 06:54 PM
OP Offline

I have using the Ideal Weight tape for the past few weeks without any success. I listen to side A one day then B the next I have done this for almost a week and then some the next week. I have not had any change at all. I have had a great deal of success with all of the other tapes but not with this one.

#6391 08/04/03 08:05 PM

I believe Kaiden, who posts often, owns and revisited this tape and found success. Maybe he has some suggestions, or you can do a search of the archived posts.

Don't force change by listening over and over and over. You have listened every day for three weeks. Now listen to side A and B weekly and notice any changes. Be sure to take time before you listen to imagine what you want. Do not think about what you don't want and don't state your goal in negative terms. Do think about, if I do so-and-so, this will happen (negative) BUT if instead I do so-and-so...and then try to imagine what happens and what it feels like to do the alternative. Who would you be without the extra weight? Who would you be without this part of your life?

Be sure also to make your goals realistic. To have a goal to lose ten pounds in a week is not reasonable or healthy. And you will not lose weight faster by listening more often. The idea is to get to a point where you reach and maintain a healthy weight which should be a slow and steady process.

Good luck.

#6392 08/05/03 04:06 AM

OK, here's one tip. If you have Excel or another spreadsheet program that can do charts and graphs, make a forumla that will add seven days and subtract 1%, and show your curve. Keep this record, and modify it with real wieghings.

It's good to know both your long and short term goals, and remember that things change and must be adjusted.

Another thing to keep in mind is that this is going to be something you'll be doing for a while, especially if you're as large as I am. (I will reach my ideal weight sometime in the fall of 2004). Rather than using side B to go absolutely full-blast, look for one thing you can change. For example, last time I listened to it, I only wished to remember that a serving of starch is closer to 80 calories than to 90.

One of the big hurdles is "surrendering without defeat, surrending and winning." It makes little sense, at least at first. Chunyi Lin finally explained it to me via Spring Forest Qigong. If you do battle against food, against fat, and against your body, you will loose. You cannot win a fight against yourself. Rather, you MUST learn to cooperate with yourself. The Qigong perspective is not that you are a fat person, but rather a naturally thin person with an energy blockage that is causing obesity. This is not mysticism, but rather the "infinite regression" syndrome. Obessity is caused by overeating and a sedentary lifestyle. But, what causes that? If, like Chunyi's son, you keep asking, "but what was I before that?" you eventually go back to the Emptiness - the void that existed in the "time before time" and resides in the "space beyond space."

While Ideal Weight and programs like it involve the idea of shedding pounds without dieting, many people find a plan-of-eating to be helpful. Even with no structure, keeping a record of what you eat will at least make it more conscious to you. One thing people do that makes diets fail is cutting calories without replacing them. One table-spoon of peanut butter has the same calories as about 4 medium tomatoes. I had to actually force the person sitting at the control center of my brain (see Side B of Ideal Weight) to eat a salad, but once he did, the next day involved a very large salad that I enjoyed.

Finally, be flexable. Saturday, I went to a steak house and had nearly a pound of rare beef, about four slices of Texas toast, and a salad. Then, I had a sundae for dessert. Having at least five scheduled "high-calorie days" per year acts as a safty valve for the other days. The thing is, I remained true to principle on those days. I drunk diet soda, I didn't eat food from anyone else's plate, even when offered, and I didn't force myself to finish the full 20 ounces of steak.

This is a lot of information. Just keep in mind the core tenet of this paraliminal - you are not a fat person. You are a person who WAS obese, but now are becoming slim. Although this may take time, you've ALREADY made the mental adjustments that make the physical adjustments NATURAL.

#6393 08/05/03 06:36 AM

One tip - unrelated to the tapes, but one that has worked for me - never eat anything after 7:00 p.m. Many people struggling with weight eat a lot at the end of the day. You should eat most heavily around noon and lessen your meals toward evening.

#6394 08/06/03 12:11 AM

This tip is actually on the tape. It does have one bad effect, if you don't exercise conscious control in the situation, of generating potential insomnia if your brain accepts "the last food you take in is two to three hours before going to sleep" without any real change in one's eating patterns.

The advice I received was, "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a worker, and dinner like a pauper." It generally works. The three-meals thing, though, is B.S. I have breakfast around 6:30, a snack at 11:15, lunch at 1:00, a snack at 3:15, dinner at 7:00 and perhaps a bedtime snack of 60 calories or less. The reason most diets fail is hunger. Therefore, fuzzy logic dictates that we must never allow ourselves to be hungry. I keep emergency food in my briefcase (a bag of microwave popcorn, lite), and in my car (a pack of graham crackers), so that I'm never more than three minutes away from a shot of starch.

Although "Ideal Weight" is a "complete" system, there may be underlying and/or deeply rooted issues that must be worked through first. I noticed that "Anxiety Free" is on sale today for $10. In all honesty, what could be more anxiety producing than changing one's body? The past failures, the future temptations, the changes in lifestyle and eating... even if you look forward to some of these events, they are still changes, and drastic changes at that. These changes have the potential to produce what is sometimes called "cyberpsychosis," which is what happens when one's physical form and mental self-image are deeply out-of-phase with each other. The inner mind may attempt to heal this rift by keeping the body at a less-than-ideal weight. I suggest this paraliminal as an example, simply because it's on sale. You can judge better than me which paraliminals would be best in supporting your Ideal Weight.

#6395 08/11/03 09:36 PM
OP Offline

Thanks for all the help

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved