Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

In the Natural Brillance tape series, Step 4 Witness describes "Witness as the fourth point of view, with the other 3 being self, through others viewpoint, and situation overview. In witness point of view, Paul says that you do all three at once. I don't see how.

Thanks,

Grantman

Paul is vague about the 4th perceptual position and even says on the cassette that its "hard to describe" without going much further.

For me, this perceptual position is like looking through a super wide angle lens or a crystal ball in which you see everything and gain an impression of the overall situation, while being detached emtionaly from it.

When I've tried this, it involved a lot of visualization and relaxation. But the more I practise, the better I seem to get.

Just pretend that you're sitting inside a crystal ball that is hovering in a serene, peaceful place. Feel a sense of peacefulness. Then change that scene to the issue your working on and look at what is hapening while keeping that sense of peacefulness. Visualize yourself being able to see all around you inside your crystal ball. It'll probably help to see yourself hover over everybody and everything while visualizing your issue.

Cheers!

Rather than "at once," just cycle through as fast as you can. Eventually, the act of cycling blurs the positions so that you do achieve a fourth position.

It's sort of like, hmmm, sort of like how over time the instructions of "take a slice of bread, put mayo on it, put cheese on top of that slice, etc." eventually becomes generalized into the skill of "make a sandwich," and how eventually the instructions of "make a sandwhich, place it in a plastic bag, find some fruit, pack a bottle of diet soda or carbonated water, wrap two pretzel rods in a paper towel, etc." becomes generalized into "pack a lunch."

Then again, that's just my take on it.

There's a book that might actually help you with this a little more. It's called "My Lessons With Kumi: How I Learned to Perform With Confidence in Life and Work" by Michael Colgrass. It discusses how you can view yourself from different positions to help with feedback on how you're performing in a particular area. I believe this part is in Lesson 3, The Hologram. You can find the book on Amazon.com

[This message has been edited by Solarimus (edited August 06, 2003).]

Is Michael Colgrass a composer?

Is this your attempt at humor again? *lol*

Not as far as I know, but he very well could be.

Yep, he's a composer and has his own website: www.michaelcolgrass.com

There are some situations with music involved in the book, so I guess the fact that he is also a composer is no big surprise.

Ok. He's the guy who did this really interesting public performance in which he did Ericksonian hypnosis with the audience in order to expand their appreciation of the music that was being performed.

Try Kaiden's cycling idea with Automatic Pilot Side B

Regards
Grant

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved