Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
THP Offline OP
OP Offline

Howdy Folks,

I just have one Paraliminal, the New Behavior Generator. Wondering if anyone might have a suggestion or helpful experience with how I might use it for my situation. I play the mandolin and it seems that though I can play a song quite competently alone sometimes when I am with others I get nervous and have a difficult time performing. It would seem that is easier for me to play by myself than with others. Obviously, I want to play as competently in jam sessions and performances as well as I do when I am by myself. Any suggestions on how I might use the New Behavior Generator to accomplish this?

Thanks, Tim

Have you checked the instructions which come with the CD? If you followed them, did they work for you? It is hard to make a suggestion if you have not followed the instructions.

THP Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Uniquesoul, yes, I've read the instructions. However, it's been a while and it was for a different situation. I haven't even tried to use it for this situation yet. I'll give it a try tonight and report back. The instructions, if I remember correctly, are quite clear and helpful. Wondering if there were other musicians that have had this experience and have used paraliminals successfully to overcome nervous fingers/performance anxiety.

Good! I think your situation is also comparable to fear of public speaking. The alternative could be exploring other Paraliminals and see if a different one could help, like Anxiety-free (you like to eliminate your anxiety in performing in a group), Automatic Pilot (you like to replicate your performance alone in a group situation), or New Behavior Generator (change how you behave while playing in a group or in front of an audience).

You may also consider meditation. There are many programs helping people with this. Alternatively, you can look at Abundance for Live, one of the LSC products. Go the forum of this program to see what kind of success people have had with it.

Good luck!!!

Last edited by uniquesoul; 09/07/08 05:49 AM.

Hey, I play mandolin too! I feel for you, sweetheart, as I have also experienced nervousness playing music with others, as opposed to just playing by myself. It is a bit like public speaking, but playing with a group has its own particular challenges. I find the other instruments tend to naturally drown out the soft-spoken mandolin (especially them #$@&* banjos),and some musicians just love to "show off" and compete. Intantaneous Personal Magnetism is a good paraliminal to use, as there is more to the musical-group experience than just technique. You can also look into You Deserve It to help with some your other blockages.
Debbie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved