Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#68326 09/06/08 02:30 PM
OP Offline

Hey,
Well yesterday I decided that I wanted to try to have a lucid dream. And I think I almost had one.

I was in front of a family members house. I kept telling myself I was dreaming, but every time I attempted to do something, it felt too real to be a dream, i.e.; jump, run, fly (which I couldn't).

But I wasn't quite conscious, sort of like almost conscious.

Can anyone tell me what happened? Or how I can get a lucid dream next time it happens?

-JackTuff13

Look at the work by Robert Bruce, who teaches how to do astral travel. Part of it is also lucid dreaming, a condition which makes you feel like a real person or situation is affecting your physical body.

Learning Strategies Admin

Keep going. The fact that you were in a dream and knew you were dreaming makes it lucid. The flying part... Why? That's one way I quickly lose the lucid part of the dream.

AlexK

OP Offline

Hey Alex,

See the thing was, I didn't know that I was dreaming though. I had the thought that maybe I was, but I wasn't sure. So I tried checking if I was or not, and it turned out that I concluded that I wasn't.
I hear that many people having lucid dreams fly often, so by trying to do that, I was checking to see if I was dreaming or not.

By the way, I was not doing this consciously, if I was, I would've known for a fact that I was dreaming. It was all part of the dream....I think.

-JackTuff13

You were lucid, The dream where you think you are dreaming is a good start toward becoming more lucid. Not being able to fly as a dream test is actually the same as not being able to switch on the light in a dream test. I found that I can turn on the light in a dream so that isn't a great dream test for me.

The non-conscious mind that operates the self limitations and doubts we experience in life still operate in our dreams. That's why we experience nightmares.

The idea of becoming more lucid in our dreams and realising we are the creator of the dreams and recognising that it is us doing everything in our dreams is beneficial to our personal growth in our waking reality.

When we can recognise in our dream state that there is no out there out there and nothing is being done to us because we are the dreamer, the director of our dream experience. We come closer to realising the Maya of our "awake" state. To quote Fred Alan Wolfe "There is no out there out there". Something that is difficult for us to accept given our experiences.

In our normal dreams we don't feel like we have any control over our experiences. If we can learn through lucid dreaming that we are the directors of our dream state. It becomes plausible that we maybe in more control of our experiences in our waking state if we take control of our thinking.

So don't cut the thread just because your dream didn't seem lucid enough. Old thinking patterns create the experience if you can accept and appreciate the experience as a peek into a lucid dream you'll realise you can turn on and off the light in a dream to fool yourself. You can, not be able to fly to fool yourself into thinking it's something out there (in your dream) that is preventing you from flying.

AlexK

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved