Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#6423 08/16/03 12:19 AM
4ndy Offline OP
OP Offline

I've just recently received my paraliminal tapes i've got 5 tapes but i've only listened to one at the moment.
I was wondering how do i know if i'm using these tapes correctly? How do i know if they're working? Or do they just work regardless of how they are listened to?
I've listend to my self-esteem supercharger tape twice now. The first time i kinda just relaxed and almost ended up drifting off to sleep. However during that time i was still in a semi-conscious state, like i could still hear the voices on the tape but not knowing what was said.
The second time i was more concious and aware of what was said on the tape.
I understand that the tapes should be used on a regualr basis and are not a miracle cure for all your problems. It's just i want to be sure that i'm using these 'tools' correctly.

#6424 08/16/03 08:57 AM

hi 4ndy,

There are actually instructions that comes with the tapes itself,you should read through it for more understamding on how to use it.Some tapes required just one listening and some requires you to do it on a regular basis for about a week.

Before you listen to the tapes, you should have an idea of what you want to change and during the listening sessions, Paul will guide you to resolve this issues.

'How do i know its working'--you will definitely know.For example, when I used the Get Around to It, I myself feel that I seem to do things on a faster pace and without procrastination.You need to know what you are lacking in order to observe the change.

The important thing is following intuition as to which tapes you want to listen to(this is told to me by the experienced users here).

Hope to hear your results soon

Mage

#6425 08/16/03 07:21 PM

There should be a mini-catalog with an article "how to get the most out of your paraliminal." PhotoRead it, it's good. There are also tape-specific instructions on the case cards, and in the recordings themselves.

"Float down the middle" is very difficult to explain. For best results, what I've done is follow my intuition as to which voice I'm going to listen to, and then the next time through listen to the other voice. This is like "prepare" in the PhotoReading step. If you listen to both voices one-at-a-time, you have a good idea about what's being said the third time through, and can more easily stay in the middle knowing where the edges are.

While in the middle, you may have an "ah, I hear" experience where the two voices overlap into new phrases. I can't recall any specific examples. It's not overt, so it's not annoying. I'm pretty sure it's intentional. If you really want to hear the messages, listen with headphones plugged into a mono-output.

Now, keep in mind Paraliminal tapes are actually not hypnotic in nature. Rather, they're trance-breakers. While listening to them, you may be physically relaxed, and "drifting" mentally, but you're not entranced or hypnotised.

If you're really interested in the theoretics, and how to use the research that went into these paraliminals for maximum gain, then the Learning Courses are probably good investments.

#6426 08/17/03 12:57 AM
4ndy Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for the replies so far.

Yes i've read the case slip which give instructions and tips on how to use that particular tape. But i think that's what has me confused.
I'm talking in particular about the self-esteem supercharger tape. There are tips which say:
- Give your attention to the tape.
- Do not force concentration.
- At times multiple voices will be speaking simultaneously....It is best not to follow the words of each voice, but go with the flow, ryhthm and movement of the voices and sound.
These particular three seem to contradict one another...well to me anyway. For example, u would need to concentrate in order to pay attention to the tape. Plus if you don't listen to the words which are being said you are also not concentrating. However, if you do then you are forcing yourself to concentrate.

Maybe i just misunderstand the tips? However, i'll still continue to listen to the tapes.

Kaiden - mini catalog? If this was supposed to be included in my package then i didn't receive it Is there an online copy of this article?

Thanks again for the replies.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved