Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Redcat Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi everyone,

I read somewhere that using recordings with binaural beats on an ipod can be a problem in that the compressed format in which the track is imported is filtered so that very low or high frequencies are removed, therefore the binaural beat is lost.

Does anyone know if this is a problem with PL recordings with holosync, if so, then what are the best settings to use on the ipod???

Best wishes

Redcat

Often bowed, never broken.

Hi Recat,

I use Holosync and there are specific instructions on the formats to be used so that you do not loose the effect or the quality of the CD. You can copy them in WAV, AIFF, FLAC, APE (Monkey's Audio) or SHN The following link has a lot more information on this issue http://www.centerpointe.com/about/faq.php#4.5

However, when I received the Paraliminal CDs I searched the database in the website and they say there that they would be fine in .mp3 format as the Holosync technology used here is not exactly of the same strength so compression will not affect its quality. Please see here: http://www.learningstrategies.com/Paraliminal/FAQ.asp

Being that I didn't want to take any chances and that I had set my iTune settings for the Holosync anyway, I ripped them using the same format which is AIFF

Hope this helps.

I used WAV on the same principles of avoiding compression of sound files containing binaural beats.

I just used my Windows Media Player and turned the quality of ripping up taking off the auto-correct (i dont remember exact term) and I can still here the holosync.

Holosync will be heard whichever way you rip it. The issue is .mp3 files are compacted to save space and for ease of transfer but that will affect the quality and the effect of using Holosync technology. This doesn't seem to be an issue with Paraliminals though according to Customer Support.

I used to use FLAC and WAV for holosync. You can actually notice a pretty tangible difference between using a compressed file such as mp3.

Redcat Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for the replies. I am using wave format now for PLs, big files but I think the quality is better.

Best Wishes

Cat

Often bowed, never broken.

mp3 compression basically takes away all the stuff that the human ear "can't" hear, hence the much smaller file size. The holosync CAN be affected if you compress to a very low bitrate, this I have personally experienced. I believe holosync uses a sinewave to produce the binaural beat and then overlaps it with the soundtrack, which is why you don't hear the "whump whump" in your speakers you would normally get by taking a track and just "brainwaving" it. Binaural beats on a regular track, if the intensity is turned up, can become irritating, even inducing a tinitus feeling in the listener. Holosync is designed to be subtle, and as such I do believe a low bitrate (96 for instance) would be much less preferable a compression than 356, which is what I use for compression. The file size isn't much larger and the amount of quality retained is very worth the extra space. I think I just revealed my level of geekdom with that one, lol.

Ha ha yes you did Paul but I appreciate the info. Hmm...does that make me a member of the geekclub too?

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved