Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
scooter #68616 09/20/08 01:52 PM

I like this post thank you. Especially the last line, it's a good analogy that really clears things up for me in the moment. :-)

jacqueline #68630 09/20/08 10:47 PM

ya, this is a great thread and I also would like to hear how everyone is doing along this line... \:\)

groundpath #68631 09/21/08 01:25 AM

I can't find those two meditations here, would you mind pointing me in the right direction? Thanks

danielcgordon #68777 09/26/08 04:48 PM

These comments on loneliness are uplifting.

I wrote an article to my local newspaper regarding loneliness.

I'd like to share with you.

It's entitled: "5 Steps To Overcome Loneliness"
Press Release
5 Steps To Overcome Loneliness
Kevin Hensey

Let me ask you a personal question. Have you ever felt alone?

Sometimes, it seems like the earth is a weird place to be in. You find yourself in the midst of the city with representatives of humanity around you. Yet, despite a life surrounded by people, you have this gnawing sense of emptiness and realize you are actually alone.

Suddenly, you are shaken to your core with the realization of being alone and lonely. Emptiness looms within you at that particular moment. The enormous number of people milling all around you presents a stark contrast to the barren feeling you have within.

Snap yourself out of this! Why go through loneliness when something can be done to overcome the gloomy feeling?

Overcome loneliness by knowing its origins. Loneliness brings deep emotional pain; and if you are experiencing this intermittently, you have to take steps to correct it. Perhaps the following words will help you unearth the root of loneliness and address it effectively.

Admission

This is the first step in overcoming loneliness. Covering up, disguising, or denying just to make it appear as though it is not affecting you will only aggravate the situation. It is okay to admit that loneliness has taken over your life, but you must resolve to eliminate it by all positive means.

Choice

Perhaps you are lonely because you choose to be. Life offers us choices, including the choice to be happy or lonely. It is possible that you are dispirited because of your lifestyle. Reexamine repetitive and daily activities.

Change routine activities that cause boredom and loneliness. Sitting alone in one corner of your study room doing nothing may seem harmless. You may be looking for some peace or quiet moment. What makes this simple activity precarious is when your idle mind starts wondering about gloomy thoughts.

Change the mood of the room by playing soft music that will still provide the peace and quiet you are looking for, but at the same time, preempt the lonely mood. Let the sun shine in you room. Open those drapes. Uplifting music and a well-illuminated room will help you get out of the rut.

Past experiences
Dwelling on past experiences such as being rejected by others or lack of attention is a possible cause of that downcast spirit. What is done is done, and yesteryears cannot be recalled for correction.

The emotional vacuum created as a result of past experiences can be filled-up by lessons gained from past. If you experienced lack of attention from parents during childhood years, correct this by giving attention to your offspring. In doing this, you strengthen your relationship with them.

As you give affection and attention to others, you will feel valued, as your deeds will surely be appreciated. When you feel needed, loneliness creeps away.

Inactivity
An idle mind breeds loneliness. Keep your life in active mode. Volunteering is a remarkable way to counteract loneliness. Benefits of volunteerism work two ways. You zap away gloom, while you help others. On the other hand, physical activity promotes emotional well being.

Are you still lonely?

Renew your links with the Universal Force. He knows what you want and what you need. By Himself, He is already the solution to your loneliness. You can rely on His promise that He will provide in the right time. He will work through your thoughts and you will find the solution you are seeking for to mend loneliness.

kevin50 #68778 09/26/08 09:39 PM

Good advice, and good writing. Thanks for posting it here.

Jeanne #68795 09/28/08 04:00 PM

kevin, I haven't read your article yet but with a quick skim it looks very good. Anyhow, my sharing here might change after I read it..... ;\)

I was pet sitting recently and the dogs filled a space in my home. Anyhow, I wondered if that void was loneliness or a lacking of some kind or maybe I didn't wonder. Then I got to thinking of my avoidance or lack of acknowledgement of what may actually be lonelinees. Then following thinking about the cute guy at work who is not making a move and the end of a former relationship that has turned into acceptance of what is or was... Anyhow, it is ok to want to be in a close relationship and it might be fun. I have always made the best of things and had a good degree of peacefulness of being so that is why I have also let myself be alone and mostly enjoying it... There may be a time to go into a different life and life style...

Just sharing my story for today on loneliness or not... And it is subject to change on a whim...

....................... scoots~*

scooter #68858 10/02/08 03:37 PM

Thank you for your comments on my article "5 Steps To Overcome Loneliness".

I've written a new article called,
"Beware Of 7 Attitudes That Lead To Depression".

If you like a copy for yourself just e-mail me. kevinsbeach@gmail.com

kevin50 #68863 10/03/08 04:26 AM

How am I doing now…. It’s funny just how much things change when you discover your true self. I am never lonely now and I love the time I spend with myself it gives me time to reflect on this awesome journey we call life! This doesn’t mean that I don’t have my challenges it just means that when they come I’m able to deal with them and turn them into a gift. You see loneliness is not an empty space in side of you but rather a space that is filled with doubt. When you move the doubt out and fill the space with love that empty feeling no longer has a space to fill because that space is now filled with love.
Sorry I got off the question…. I am doing great because I found something that reminds me every single minute of every day that I create my own life and the life I am creating is filled with love, joy, happiness and the ability to share it with others.
I hope I’m not breaking any rules by sharing my website with all of you but it’s what drives me every day of my life and helps to keep me young and happy! Please visit http://www.smileandawaveday.com here you will find one of the ways that I am able to fill that space of doubt with love and at the same time I am in service of others. By helping others to find happiness in their lives I am able to find happiness in mine. In helping others to create a better life for themselves I create a better life of my own.
Whatever it is that you want in your life learn it, then teach others how to create it in their lives and it will be created in yours.

E Rod #68868 10/03/08 01:08 PM

I like your website! Thanks for the link.

A little synchronicity with this thread--not long after the first post, I received an ad from Marci Shimoff stating that happy people tend to earn a LOT more money than unhappy people; then I opened a magazine while waiting in the checkout line, and there was another article quoting research that unhappy people are generally less healthy.

So my hope for all here who are depressed is that you find your own happiness, so that you can be not only healthy, but wealthy too!

Just one more suggestion to add to the mix--maybe you can give the Happy For No Reason cd (and now an entire course, too) a chance. Add some work with your radiant circuits (google Donna Eden for some of her books and cds on how to do that), consider working with Spring Forest QiGong, and finally, maybe you can check for food allergies as sometimes these are the culprits.

Jeanne #68892 10/05/08 07:13 PM

Its been eating me up to reply for the last week so here I go.
I was in the same situation as most of you regarding loneliness.I made a complete 180 degree turn around,my natural temperament I was born with even changed. I am going to break it down what did to come out.
1.I made the decision I was going to change nomatter what
nomatter how long it would take.
2.I detached myself from almost everything and everybody that
was holding me back.(basically I got rid all the negative
people)
3.Took responsibility for my life.
4.Quit looking back on the past and focused on where I wanted
to go.
5.I took personality and assessment tests honestly and found my
weak areas I needed work on,then I mindmapped these areas gave
them a bar graph ranged them from 1 to 10.After I rated
myself I made goals to increase my weakest areas little by
little.
6.Then I concentrated on one breakthrough goal or area of my life
everything fell in place,For Ex. I would get the urge to go to
book store then BAM!!! a book would jump out at me. Ex. I would
be watching T.V. then BAM!!! something the Commercial or Actor
would do or say would jump out at me. Ex. I would be in the
store or working then BAM!!! some unknown person I never met
would start talking to me about my issue then teach me
something I needed. Ex.I would be sound asleep then BAM!!! I
would wake up wide awake to a Preacher on T.V. giving me a
exact message I needed. I stopped looking for divine
inspiration to come from a certain area or place,because
it comes from everywhere at anytime for me.
7.Now I am running on Autopilot like I have a GPS system I just
let it lead the way and drive car. Speaking of GPS me and my wife
where coming back from Vacation all of a sudden your GPS
started taking use on backroads on the way home,I thought it
was misleading use so I minamized the map so I could see the
big picture,I noticed it was leading us around altanta instead
through Altanta, I was wondering why then on the radio they
were talking about a big wreck that had all the lanes blocked
off,so the GPS changed paths to avoid the back-up traffic.
8.My GPS in my head did this extact same thing plenty of times,
we all have one build in I pretty sure you think back I tell
me a story where you avoided a disaster by listening to your
gut or where you did something unexpected in ended up in the
right place at the right time.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved