Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
salom Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello I am using the New Behavior Generator in the mornings, Instantaneous Personal Magnetism and Self Esteem Super Charger in the afternoons, alternating these two on different days.

I have a little challenge that I hope you can help with.
During listening as I go deeper and effortlessly into state and easily accept Paul's instructions, when I hear him say "this tape" I somehow let it jar me out of the moment, feeling dissociated.
I've read the FAQ and understand that they were recored way back then on cassette before being transferred to CD but to hear the inconsistency spoken..the "drunken monkey" creeps in:
"i'm not listening to a tape, i'm listening to a CD"
"wow, this recording must be 20 years old"
"i wonder if much in human development strategies has changed during the last 20 years"
"guess not, oh well, why change a good thing"
"however, would be nice for a little script update"
"it's just a little word, ignore it, don't deprive yourself, recover NOW"
"but this is NLP and words are important"...etc...

I've somehow let "tape" become an anchor that triggers these annoying distractions. Then I get down on myself, wondering why my mind is fixated on this.

Thanks.

maybe there is a different issue underlying this distraction... What do you think that could be?

I totally agree, "tape" is not the issue here. It's what you are resisting that is the problem. You are not trusting your subconsciousness enough to let the Paraliminals work for you. If you can't seem to make it happen, you just ask yourself "how am I going to trust my subconscious mind?" and let the answer come to you. And long with that you need to focus on what you want, on the positive, not what you don't want.

Originally Posted By: scooter
maybe there is a different issue underlying this distraction... What do you think that could be?

Actually, the poster probably has a strong sense of logic. That particular part of some of the older programs used to stop me in my tracks, too--until I could program myself to ignore it (using something else--Silva mainly). When the conscious mind knows it's listening to a CD, to say "tape" blows the whole thing. I had a similar problem with the Luanne Oakes Sound Mind Sound Health program--she'd say "I'm going to count down to zero"--then she quit counting at "one"--no zero was mentioned again. Blew it for me every time.

I find that people who don't pay attention to details aren't bothered by these discrepencies, but some of us who do find them irritating--a definite "different strokes for different folks" issue. These things can be dealt with--I wouldn't throw out the whole program because of it--but this is one of the few instances that LSC got a little careless.

I agree with people being more detail oriented but Paraliminals are not about thinking. It actually doesn't matter whether you think or what you think as long as you have trusted your subconscious mind. But if you resist and stop yourself by getting hung up on trivial things then it becomes a vicious circle.

salom Offline OP
OP Offline

Exactly, I am relaxed, I can feel myself getting deeper, the conscious mind is getting quieter, then bong! the incongruency jars me out of state. And the challenge is that it's repeated often, ie "as you listen to this tape"..
I appreciate what the other member suggested, ask a good question and the mind will work on it, ask "how" instead of "why".
The program is way too valuable to discard, I am excited about how I can make it work so I hope it didn't come off as nitpicking, just looking for some thoughts from those further along, and much appreciated.

To piggy back on asking how instead of why, ask to ALLOW yourself to overlook it. It has thrown me in the past also, I'm lucky in the sense that I was able to get over it fairly quickly. I put all of my stuff on my mp3 player (i cant refer to it as my ipod either cause its not the namebrand)so even if it says a cd...its not. I asked if I could allow myself to refer to all of them as a 'program' instead of a tape, cd, mp3 etc.

Hope this is helpfull

Dan

Originally Posted By: ExoticGoddess
I agree with people being more detail oriented but Paraliminals are not about thinking. It actually doesn't matter whether you think or what you think as long as you have trusted your subconscious mind. But if you resist and stop yourself by getting hung up on trivial things then it becomes a vicious circle.

Ask any therapist or hypnotist--there is nothing "trivial" about wording a script. The subconscious mind is quite literal, and contrary to your opinion, it does pay attention to details (much more than most people realize).

I know each of us is the center of our universe, but sometimes it's helpful to remember that how one mind works has significant differences from how someone else's mind works--and to respect all the differences.

I totally agree with you Jeanne, but our subconscious mind takes orders literally from our conscious mind. And we do have full control over our conscious mind. All we need to do is be aware. Watch ourselves with curiosity as how we are doing what it is not helping us.

I actually think each of us is the entire universe, my apologies if what I said came out disrespectful. I was merely trying to help.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Salom,

I'm listening to a CD is also technically incorrect. You are in fact listening to a recording. The phrase irked me even when I was listening to a tape. The question I had why was it important to consider the fact that I was listening to a tape. I got around this by allowing myself to infer that tape meant recording. Considering how many people have transferred the CDs to MP3 players I think it might be easier to give the word tape a new meaning and let it mean recording. If you transferred it to iPod and the recording said CD you'd probably correct Paul and say no it's an iPod and find it easier to move on.

Just like when we see the words this 'paper is about' and read it off a computer screen. There is a measure of acceptance of the transference of information to different media.

I was one of the first to complain about the word tape on the recordings. It wasn't careless it was a problem with the holes created in the multiple tracks when they tried to remove phrases. The alternative was to remake the Paraliminal from scratch. I fell off the chair when Pete told me how much it cost to make a single Paraliminal.

It took 12 months for the Paraliminals to return. And people were asking for them because they did work so well. When they came back they came back with a Holosync soundtrack. NLP is 20 years old and hasn't changed much either. It works Just waiting for more people to know about it. Shoot I missed out on using the Paraliminals when they were available as tapes. And now they are in a format that doesn't deteriorate in quality as the tape stretches, tightens around the wheel. Maybe a little late on the bandwagon yet the recordings make a difference in my life.

So when they were tapes they were ahead of their time.

AlexK

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved