Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Donia Offline OP
OP Offline

bent knees

Hello

I've just purchased spring forest qigong and have been doing the exercises for 2 weeks, nearly every day. in the first exercise, beginning of universe, chunyi lin states that the knees should be bent and if you want to loose weight slightly more bent. Are the knees bent in all exercises?

-2After I do these exercises I have a strong body odour, is this a good sign that I am releasing toxins. I am under medication so I have alot of stuff to eliminate.

-3After I've practised I get a strong craving for sugar and especially alcohol. I don't usually drink other than the odd glass of wine.

-4My favourite exercise is "harmony of the universe" instead 2 which I resist are "joining of ying and yang", and "seven steps".
Any suggestions to overcome this resistance.

-5 Many tears flow when I d spring forest, what is this a sign of?, I realise these are many questions and I

thank you for your time in reading
regards Donia

ps please excuse my previous post I'm new to forum and messed up. I ended up on the sexual page as I was doing some research and somehow never refreshed pc.

I've just purchased spring forest qigong and have been doing the exercises for 2 weeks, nearly every day. in the first exercise, beginning of universe, chunyi lin states that the knees should be bent and if you want to loose weight slightly more bent. Are the knees bent in all exercises?

Good for you! QiGong is one of the most powerful things you can do in your life. Make sure that power is used for positive ends and the Universe will shine it's limitless love upon you.

-2After I do these exercises I have a strong body odour, is this a good sign that I am releasing toxins. I am under medication so I have alot of stuff to eliminate.

That's most likely the case. When I first started the same thing happened to me. Over time, it will become less as the toxins are expelled from your body.

-3After I've practised I get a strong craving for sugar and especially alcohol. I don't usually drink other than the odd glass of wine.

Just love those thoughts and let them be. The cravings will decrease. For me, I have very strong sexual desire after practicing, after a few minutes they decrease.

-4My favourite exercise is "harmony of the universe" instead 2 which I resist are "joining of ying and yang", and "seven steps". Any suggestions to overcome this resistance.

Just work through it. Some excersises are less favorable than others to some people. Maybe that's a sign that THAT is the most helpful excersise for you to do and your subconcious is resisting somewhere. My advice is to just do it with love and kindness in your heart. You will resist the excersise less and it will become far easier and also more flowing.

-5 Many tears flow when I d spring forest, what is this a sign of?, I realise these are many questions and I thank you for your time in reading.
regards Donia

I'll let someone more experienced answer this more elaborately.
However, Chunyi says in the audio sessions of Level1 on how crying can be of the Universe. ...or maybe it's just some blockage in your eyes being washed away.

-Peace

Zakyrus #68770 09/26/08 06:34 AM
Donia Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you Zakyrus for taking time to reply. your answers help clarify. I really appreciate it.
There's the first question about the bent knees that you probably missed. Are the knees bent in all excercises or just in the first-"beginning of universe"?

Donia

Donia #68771 09/26/08 07:23 AM

Pretty much all exercises.

blessings,

Steve
shakurav #68842 10/01/08 12:29 PM

Hi Donia
crying or many tears flowing is a normal reaction while practicing. If you feel sadness, Chunyi says that this reaction means that your soul energy has awaken and that this is very powerful healing energy.

I too avoided the seven steps in the beginning - now it's one of my favourites and also the one that I personally probably needed most in helping to release blockages in my lower back which had been very painful for a long time.

I bend my knees for pretty much all of the exercises except when I'm stretching during the Harmony of the Universe and when I'm doing the 7 steps of new life

JETAY #68845 10/01/08 08:16 PM

As far as bent knees are concerned, I tend to think of them as "unlocked". Not so much as something as a "horse stance", just slightly bent.

And regarding emotions coming out, meditation is like a magnifier, if a person is really depressed it can make it worse. There are times when our practice can increase what we feel deep inside, like pent up emotions.
And I agree, sexual feelings can increase as well. ;\)

JEFF

Without desire there is tranquility. And in this way all things would be at peace. -Lao Tzu
JeffreyC #68876 10/04/08 06:42 AM

Another way to look at the bent knees is that you also are tucking your tailbone down. You want to relax when you do this and bending the knees helps in this manner.

In level two you tap the tail bone to help open it up. I don't think the bent knees are the important thing. It's getting the hips and tail bone area to relax and open up. Just roll the hips forward and bend the knees to help this.

You get tears when the Heart is opening up, a great thing to let happen.

When energy starts moving it usuaully is from the lower part of the body, you get strong sexual feelings. As it rises you notice that the sexual feeling changes into something else. Depending on how open your energy system is, it will make it to the brain and you'll have a complete enlightenment about.. whatever. You won't really care at that point.

JETAY #68885 10/04/08 03:42 PM
Donia Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you so much for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

much is coing tp the surface, especially anger.....i'll keep at it.
ciao Donia

Donia #68887 10/04/08 09:51 PM

Realize that you are bumping up against some blockage. Don't resist it, relax and let it be ok, make it your teacher, find out what it is trying to tell you, etc. Use the Love, Kindness, Forgiveness when dealing with this, especially for yourself.

It is just stuck energy that is now being woke up and old inertia is being overcome.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved