Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

How's the second picture of Master Lin in the "Qi" ssage shots (great name Shawn)! The energy is amazing - you can see it so clearly!

Learning Strategies
OP Offline
Learning Strategies

Hi Again,

Our morning Qigong practice just finished, and it is breakfast time. With a twist!

Today is fast day. We receive an apple for breakfast, an apple for lunch, and an apple for dinner. The bountiful banquet tables are off limits to us today!

Chunyi says it is much easier to go into the emptiness and stay there when our bodies are not expending so much energy in digestion. As such, tonight's meditation will be two hours.

Yesterday he taught us Turtle Qigong, a way to take in energy during fasts that keeps us feeling full up!

* Open your mouth. Allow qi to flow in.
* Close your mouth, and chew the qi.
* Swallow, making a gulping sound, which ensures that the qi makes it to the stomach.

It works! That a technique I use during my regular fasts, which I personally refer to "Three-Apple Monday." I generally do the fast one Monday a month.

Chunyi just finished a three-week juice fast, drinking a small glass of fresh juice made from organic greens for each meal. He included a teaspoon of olive oil, coconut oil, and cod liver oil. He'll go back on the fast after the retreat is over. "The food is too good here to fast!" And he is right.

Chunyi recommends that you do healing on food before you eat it. Scan the food for blockages, sword finger the blockages, remove the blockages, and give energy to the food.

You can also use your hand to scan for good food that is right for you. As you scan pay attention to the feelings in your hand. If the feelings are good, then the food is perfect for you. If the feelings are not good or if your hand shakes, that food is not right for you.

Chunyi reminded us that it is best to eat food that has been grown within 100 miles, because it has the energy of the local earth, which your body has already acclimated to.

For best energy also best to eat foods of the season such as green foods in the spring, red food in the summer, squash in the fall, and root vegetables in the winter. (You'll learn more about this in our new Sonic Access Four Seasons program coming out in 2009.)

Streaming foods is the best way to activate good energy in foods. Say away from deep frying!

It is best to eat breakfast before 8:00 am, because your stomach channels are open then.

Today is also a day of silence, so I probably should quite writing.

Best,

Pete

JETAY #68954 10/10/08 04:36 AM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Actually Jetay, that's what an action shot looks like when your switch you HD camcorder to still shot in non-ideal lighting. ;\)

Much Love, Shawn

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Thursday - Fasting & Observing Silence Day

Creating The Space...

Setting Intentions...

And Again, Practice...

Small Group Fasting "Lunch" With Master Lin

Guest Performer - Ying Zhang
(of Inner Beauty and Back To The Universe fame \:\) )

Connecting...

Much Love, Shawn

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Friday - Personal Growth

Yes, Practice, Practice, Practice...

More Connecting...

Lotus Meditation...

Appreciation...

Staff Being Appreciated...

Much Love until the next event,

Shawn

I'm in the airport right now waiting for my flight back to Chicago and I have to comment on how Awesome this weekend went.

The Retreat was amazing and mind blowing. It was my first Spring Forest Qigong retreat and i had studied the home study course on my own. After this experience at the retreat I look forward to attending all of the Spring Forest Qigong events in the future..

I have to say if someone hasn't tried the retreat, a class Master Lin or a class with one of the great teaching assistance you have got to give it a try. I have never seen so much Love and patience being given to learning something so beautiful. In my opinion it will definitely be worth the cost for years to come.

Master Lin has such an amazing way about him that you get a taste of on his Home study class but is even better in person. He loves helping people from the heart and answering every question he can.

I have to say with all the Love in my Heart, Thank you Master Lin, Paul S., Shawn G., Pete B., everyone at learning strategies and everyone that was able to attend the retreat for making it such an amazing and powerful event.

I think an applause all the way around is in order for everyone that was there. The event opened up and helped so many people.

Also, Shawn thanks for the morning sessions morning meditation sessions and shooting the photos. I look forward to seeing you and everyone else at the next Learning Strategies event and of course at all the Spring Forest Qigong events too.

Mirko Cukich
Chicago, IL

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Master Lin Answering Another Question

Individual Photos To Remember Their "Week With Master Lin"

Much Love, Shawn

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved