Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#68993 10/13/08 07:55 AM
seng Offline OP
OP Offline

during activation, sometime we need to make mind prob questions. can i just use the questions in tutorial, for example in this book 3000 physics if we want to study physics?

if yes, i PR the tutorial book, superead and dip the part i need isn't it? any other suggestion for PR this book?

Learning Strategies Admin

Learn the system first on some shorter books. Textbooks take longer to activate and as such don't let you see results that set up positive feedback soon enough.

During activation we "Always" need mind probing questions. Otherwise we are merely passively reading.

AlexK

seng Offline OP
OP Offline

but the book i mentioned "3000 physics" isn't a textbook. It is just a books with questions and worked examples...

Learn the system on a book of not more than 250 pages. Once you got it you can use it on all material.

AlexK

seng Offline OP
OP Offline

how can i realized that i got it?

Got what?

AlexK

seng Offline OP
OP Offline

what is the time for me to start PR on school materials?

Alex,

You earlier said:

"Learn the system on a book of not more than 250 pages. Once you got it you can use it on all material."

Obviously, seng is trying to determine how you know "you got it".

Hopefully I am wrong, and Alex can correct me if I am wrong, but usually the brain is rather ignorant of it's capabilities. You can study something for a year, determine it is HOPELESS, and one day, with NO effort, realize that you somehow learned it, and it is second nature.

To add insult to injury, etc... The brain is almost like a muscle. Exercising is more likely to hurt muscle, than allow it to grow, but it sets off a reaction that, during rest, can make it stronger. So one time you can lift what you earlier couldn't. Likewise, it seems recalling is almost more important to learning than the studying. Oh well, I already read about 1700 pages today, and I will try to read perhaps twice that before the day is through. I would love to feel as confident as alex appears to be. I don't even scan as fast as I used to.

Seasoned,
Forgive Alex, she does a lot of work and posts many responses to many messages, emails included.

She meant once you understand the system and can easily apply it to books.

The brain almost being like a muscle is sort of true and untrue. That's like saying the lungs can be muscles, because they can grow stronger with more cardiovascular activity.

Though, the brain, like anything else, can get better at performing tasks once it is exposed to it enough and can FIND ways to get better at it. The more you do anything, the better you get. Lifting weights, running, performing mathematical activities, and reading included.

Anyone can be as confident as Alex. It takes faith in yourself and practice.

Now, on the brain being ignorant of its capabilities, I don't know if you can necessarily say that with certainty. Now the human body can do much more than humans believe it can, the brain included. Though it is our beliefs that limit what we actually DO do. So yes, while the beliefs are coming from our brains, it's hard to say whether or not it's IGNORANT of what it can and can't do. I'd rather not get more into detail with that, if you just believe you can achieve something, you will. But you must believe it, otherwise it'll be impossible or next to impossible to do.

-JackTuff13

Originally Posted By: Jacktuff13
Seasoned,
Forgive Alex, she does a lot of work and posts many responses to many messages, emails included.

That's fine. I, for one, don't think I will EVER get addicted to forums again.

She meant once you understand the system and can easily apply it to books.

I knew that, and that is why I continued...

The brain almost being like a muscle is sort of true and untrue. That's like saying the lungs can be muscles, because they can grow stronger with more cardiovascular activity.

I was talking about how you can't always exercise it, and expect to just keep growing...

Though, the brain, like anything else, can get better at performing tasks once it is exposed to it enough and can FIND ways to get better at it. The more you do anything, the better you get. Lifting weights, running, performing mathematical activities, and reading included.

That's a given.

Now, on the brain being ignorant of its capabilities, I don't know if you can necessarily say that with certainty.

Don't you see? You just DID!

Now the human body can do much more than humans believe it can, the brain included. Though it is our beliefs that limit what we actually DO do. So yes, while the beliefs are coming from our brains, it's hard to say whether or not it's IGNORANT of what it can and can't do. I'd rather not get more into detail with that, if you just believe you can achieve something, you will. But you must believe it, otherwise it'll be impossible or next to impossible to do.

-JackTuff13

Well, I don't believe belief itself will make ANYTHING impossible. AND, if it is hard to say, then it is ignorant!

I am simply saying that you could study spanish, for example, for a year, and think you learned nothing. One day you could wake up, hear spanish, and know what was said. And you learn best if you try to recall. It seems that trying to recall after a period is MORE effective than studying the item.

Of course, you DO have to study to be able to recall it. Then again, the idea of photoreading is to bypass the conscious study, and activation is the conscious attemp to recall.

Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved