Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Faune Offline OP
OP Offline

A very interesting and informative book by Jill Bolte Taylor published earier this year will provide many of you with answers to questions about the brain , strokes, oneness, and a host of other topics.

Jill suffered a stroke in 1996 which affected the left hemisphere of her brain. As she was conscious during the 4 hours of the stroke she was able to observe the deterioration of her left brain and the euphoric sense of oneness which gave her peace and silence from the right hemisphere.
In her book MY STROKE OF INSIGHT she charts the stroke and her recovery which took 8 years, and gives us some incredible and valuable insights such as -

how to stop mind chatter - all from the left brain

know that all emotions take less than 90 seconds to run through your body, if you continue to feel the emotion it is only because you choose to!

and a host of other things which will make you think.

You can view Jill on You Tube and Oprah.

I found this book invaluable and those with a scientific approach will be blown away with her discoveries.

I love the interview of Jill by Oprah. It can be downloaded from Oprah's web site in the Soul Series.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Paul mentioned Jill Bolte Taylor in our Genius Sparks enewsletter that came out this morning. Pete

I've been hearing and reading great things about this book elsewhere, too. I've ordered a copy from amazon. What makes it even more interesting for me is an old article in A.R.E.'s magazine, Venture Inward. Wish I could recall the exact issue. In it, a man whose wife had Alzheimers wrote at least one article, maybe two, about his psychic connection with her, and how her other than conscious mind was as always, except--as Taylor has written--being in a constant state of pure bliss. At the time, I thought it a nice story, but I'm giving it second thoughts in light of Taylor's book.

Faune Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Jeanne,

Jill explains the feelings of Oneness with great clarity, also the way the brain processes information in the different hemispheres.
I said I found it invaluable as I actually had a stroke totally out of the blue in September, fortunately I had already seen Jill on Oprah and as soon as I realised what had happened to me I was able to start putting her suggestions into practice. I had lost use of both legs, left arm and speech but with the information she gave I was able to recognise what to do and start relearning ABCs very quickly and get mobile too.
I started asking my right brain to help and it does respond and with the help of Universal Energy I am already almost back to normal, walking, talking and driving.

Really good stuff!

Faune, so very glad you're doing so well with this. It really does sound like a "must-have" book!

Faune,

thanks for those information. I shall check out for copy of that book.

Thanks,

Before Oprah, Jill Bolte Taylor had a brilliant 18 minute lecture on TED dot com called "My Stroke of Insight" recorded in Feb 2008 and posted in Mar 2008.

The link is http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight.html

Who would have thought that having a stroke could be a profoundly spiritual experience and cause such insight?

"Which would you choose... and when?" - Jill Bolte Taylor

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved