Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#69265 10/30/08 01:32 AM
ADHIS Offline OP
OP Offline

I attended this past retreat and loved it. I really want to continue exercising at home but find it really hard to comply with all my daily activities, Mainly the afternoon meditation time.
And at that I am only doing the active exercises of level 1.
Because of a Spur on my heel I find it challenging to complete all the active exercises and dare not to continue on to the level two.
At night even though I really want to meditate, I am so tiered that all I can do is play the paraliminal and go to sleep. Is there any trick (Suggestions)to be able to improve on my Qi-Gong practice.

In the "Clearing" anything can be created.

I can offer you my personal thoughts on that.

For me if I want more time to practice Qigong, Yoga, Meditation, exercise.. etc. I look at things that are "time wasters". Is there a tv show that I could stop watching, is there internet time taking up valuable time?

If this is some of the things you deal with I suggest putting the time for personal care and spiritual growth above some leisure activities.

I would suggest finding balance. If on some days you can practice active exercises and on other days you practice sitting meditation.

JEFF

Without desire there is tranquility. And in this way all things would be at peace. -Lao Tzu
ADHIS Offline OP
OP Offline

I was feeling bad that some days I could only do active exercise and another only small universe. It would be nice to do active exercise level 1 and 2, small universe, and then the evening meditation... I realize that's what the retreat is all about \:\)
I guess I wanted to re-create the retreat at home \:D

Thank you for helping me see that it's all about balance and not about getting it done.

Much love,
Adhis

Perhaps every once in a while, once a week? or once a month? have a retreat day where you indulge and do three or four hours, but for regular days, maybe active on some days and sitting on others..

JEFF

Without desire there is tranquility. And in this way all things would be at peace. -Lao Tzu
ADHIS Offline OP
OP Offline

Wow! THATS EVEN BETTER \:D !!
The Active one day and meditation another will work perfect for me.
But planning for a "retreat" day. Sounds rewarding. \:D THANK you again.

Adhis ;\)

You're welcome my friend.

Continue doing what you are doing regularly and you will receive the benefits of good health and long life.

JEFF

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved