Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jamie Offline OP
OP Offline

Weather has cooled and windows are no longer left open, that makes my overnight visits to a smoker's house a challenge. I sleep in her open loft. All of the day's smoke (and yesterday's...) is up there with me. My heart races, my lungs hurt, my head gets light. I try to ignore these things, and tell myself it's all in my mind.
Are there any SFQ movements I can do to help my body deal with the smoke?? I have to do my Meditations up there too and I have a hard time wanting to take deep breaths.
Thank you for your assistance.
Jamie

I honestly don't think Qigong is going to help you with this. If you can, think about getting an electronic air purifier.

I can recommend the products sold here:

http://www.ecoquestintl.com/CatalogProduct.aspx?ProductId=3620

with complete confidence.

We have one in a small clothing store. The store is located in the center of a building and so has no outside windows. There's only one door and the place fills up with lint like you can't believe. We got the product displayed on the page I linked to and it works like a charm.

I also got this unit:

http://www.ecoquestintl.com/CatalogProduct.aspx?ProductId=3571

for my father and it works pretty well. Finally, we placed one of these:

http://www.ecoquestintl.com/CatalogProduct.aspx?ProductId=3561

for a larger space and it also does a terrific job.

They're not cheap, but I consider it some of the best money I've ever spent. You can find cheaper ones on the market but they all use filters that need to be replaced or screens that have to be cleaned. The filters end up costing more than the original unit after a year or two, and the screens are a major PITA to clean.

jamie Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you monkbiker! I will look at those links again. See what may fit in her house. I also just today saw an ashtray with a filter that draws the smoke through it. I might try that first.... But, again I appreciate your input.

You are most welcome. As far as the ashtray goes, it's effectiveness will depend on the smoker's willingness to use it. And it won't diminish the smoke that the smoker exhales into the room.

The air purifiers from Eco-Quest work by pumping ions (charged particles) out into the room. These charged particles cause lint and mold and bacteria and dust and other particulates, including smoke, to clump together and fall out of the air.
As a result, the horizontal surfaces in the room such as shelves and tabletops will begin to get dusty. But you can easily wipe that up with cloth moistened with an eco-friendly spray or what-not. Doing this on a regular basis will keep your room very clean.

The other effect is more immediate and much more pleasant. The air becomes noticeably clean. The ads say it's like being outside after a thunderstorm, and they're right. I can honestly tell the difference. The air is just....CLEAN. It seems to rush down into my lungs faster, and it even seems to invigorate me when I breathe it in.

I'm not kidding!

And I don't work for Eco-Quest either.

As I said, the units are not cheap but I'll tell you what. After you spend a few hours in a room with one of those things, you'll never want to be without one again.

Keep us posted on how that works out for you, OK?

God bless.

jamie Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you again monkbiker,
You again point out things I wasn't aware of or hadn't thought of. I wasn't aware of how the aircleaner really worked. Nor had I thought about the major amount of smoke entering the air is from the exhalation and therefore the ashtray will be of little to no benefit.
You did hit on the issue of her willingness, I have always tried to not have her (my Mom)smoking become an issue to interfer with our time together. The big purifier won't be subtle, so I have hesitations there. But I will let you know how we feel about it, if I do go that route!! \:\)
Many thanks monkbiker!
Jamie

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha jamie,

If you go this route, you shouldn't need a large one, just one for your room. We have one of these up on stage at all of our Learning Strategies events for the presenters.

Much Love,

Shawn

You are kindly welcome Jamie.

Shawn, I am intrigued to learn that you use one of those units during your L/S events. Do you use the Eco-Quest products or the type of units that use filters?

wrp Offline

Jamie,
Not to offend anyone, but be very careful with products putting ozone gas in the environment. You may choose to do a little more research on the subject.

jamie Offline OP
OP Offline

wrp,
Thanks for that reminder. These products clean without producing ozone gas, but by ionization, uv light and carbon filter. But you are right that one should be sure to ask questions. The product presentation is appealing, but is a little unclear on how it really works..... Other than NASA uses them in their space program. Still an excellent reminder that one should always do their homework!! Thank you for your input.
Jamie

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

It's an old Medisphere 120, I think. Paul brought it in at our Abundance & Power Retreat in 2003, and we've had it running at the back of the stage ever since.

Much Love, Shawn

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved