Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#69327 11/05/08 02:30 PM
Gokul Offline OP
OP Offline

I have been trying to photoread for such a long time but it was only now that i realised that i was not comforatble with some of the steps.So,i modified the steps slightly and photoread a "sanskrit" essay on which i have been working REALLY hard to learn.I dint wait for incubation and activated it immediately and guess what i finished reading the essay in about 15 mins with alomost 96% comprehension when it usually take me atleast an hour and a half to finish the essay with this lvl of comprehension.The best part is i scored a perfect A in my test too......

I still coudnt believe it worked and so i tested it out with another essay with which i have been struggling with and it worked again!!

Now i am going to photoread and activate all those beautiful books that i always wanted to read.

I have a question for you? Did it seem like you were just reading normally and nothing was differnt. But after you noticed the time and that you had gotten through so much information something had happened?

Gokul Offline OP
OP Offline

Originally Posted By: brain
I have a question for you? Did it seem like you were just reading normally and nothing was differnt. But after you noticed the time and that you had gotten through so much information something had happened?

Well after i finished PRing i dint use any of the activation techniques and i jus read it normally as i always do but i found that i understood everything better and i could remember what i had read with ease..i could actually see the words in my mind..
I was really surprised and i am still not sure if it was actually photoreading that did this to me...this was surprising bcause 'sanskrit' is a vast language and really tough to comprehend unless u are already a master of the language...
In our schools we are expected to memorize it whether u understand or not..

Gokul Offline OP
OP Offline

I always wanted to ask this....How long does ti take to get into state...
I just did some long breathing for a few mins and i imagined that i was on the verge of going to sleep when i was photoreading

Is there a good way to get into state very quickly and effectively?

well, it is very useful if u are learning PR at the beinging, although you can still do it when you are used to it, but when I PR a book, I just say positive affirmation(without closing the eye) and I start PR the book.

I am almost same as u, I PR the book, then I just read it through normally without using activation step. It is always easy to see, PR the book first before reading always makes it easlier to understand, sub-conscious process everything first. I only use the activation step if I have so much time to waste, during holiday or not University text book.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Quote:
I only use the activation step if I have so much time to waste,

Superreading and dipping is much much faster than normal passive reading. I hardly consider it a waste of time. If you're finding it slower than traditional reading then you need to check your purpose and your mind probing questions.

First time about seven minutes. 2nd and 3rd time about 5 minutes then it's a mere 30 to 60 seconds when you are learning with an instructor. On your own, I recommend making it about three minutes for about 5 to 10 books. Then shortened the time to 60 seconds or less and see how you go.

The idea of getting into your Accelerated Learning State is that this is the best placed were you give yourself positive affirmation. It can be used before PhotoReading, before test, and any situation where you want to feel more confident about your performance. So it's a worthwhile technique to learn.

AlexK

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved