Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
LindaJ Offline OP
OP Offline

I purchased the basic Feng Shui program months ago with the understanding that it MUST pay for itself in order for me to keep it. I did receive the 6-month extension, which I'm very grateful for as it allowed me the time to really work with this. Although I've seen some very minor benefit, there's been no increase in my finances -- which is what was really needed in order to keep this program. I'm at the point where I must return it within the week -- but am wondering if -- even though I've done a large number of the activations, is this something that's not going to work for me because I don't understand about time feng shui or abundance stars, or any of the other material covered in the advanced programs? But then again, I don't see how I can put more money into this at this point. So I guess what I'm asking is -- has anyone out there also experienced little with the basic program but went on to the advanced programs and saw the major benefit/change occur because of knowledge gained there? And one other question -- are the advanced levels as easy to understand as the basic level? Those topics seem rather difficult to grasp -- but maybe it's because it's all so new to me.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha LindaJ,

Good questions. The Gold edition is set up the same as the Level One section of the Silver course, and after a front door reading and some information about the purchasing/renovations of your home, the time feng shui is simple and straight forward.

Since I can't address if your situation is being hindered by time feng shui energy or if there may be dowsing issues involved, but in regards to the general space feng shui I have a couple to get a little better look at your situation:

What changes have you made and when?
From the letter I only know that you've had the course for 6 months, but not what "done a large number of activations" means specifically. The "when" part can help give more insight as well, since the general space feng shui in Levels One and Two build in impact and energy over time, and aren't as dynamic in the short term as the time feng shui.

What couldn't you change or work with?
Things like: Were you able to have your bed and office desk face a good personal direction in a supported way? Does your front door face a favorable direction for you?

Then we can go from there.

Much Love,

Shawn

LindaJ Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello Shawn,

What a generous offer from you to analyze what might not be working for me here! And I apologize for what a lengthy reply this will probably be -- but you DID ask what I had done so far! \:\)

It took me a while to get through the course. (The only time I had to read was on my lunch hour at work; and I listened to the CD's in my car on the way home every day). I started my activations in mid-August. (I probably should note that both my husband and I are 3's and water dragons).

I first checked the direction of my bed -- not good -- but also not changeable. (Could this be the cause of my lack of success?). The headboard is on a west wall (total loss direction). In another post, I asked if there was anything that could be done with mirrors or anything else to lessen this but never did hear of a solution. There's also a ceiling fan above the foot area of the bed, but it's heavily used and thoroughly enjoyed, as it keeps us from having to use air conditioning (which I hate). There is a full-length mirror opposite the bed, but since we almost always keep the bedroom door open -- especially at night when I'm in bed -- it is usually hidden behind the open door. (Ironically, I love that room and how it's set up and feel very much at peace there). I am a restless sleeper, but always have been, even as a child -- so not sure if there's a connection there or not. Another large mirror above a dresser also faces the wall the bed is on; but it is several feet over, and the bed is not reflected in that mirror. Other than that, there is excellent flow in the room and I have a clear view of all doors, without being in their path. (Unless a french door to the outside 2nd story balcony counts -- which is over to the side of the bed).

When I'm seated at my desk, I face my south success direction -- but that leaves my back to the office door. So I placed a mirror on my desk that allows me a view of the doorway. My chair back is high -- it covers the lower 3rd of my head. My husband's desk faces the east (his growth direction) and cannot be moved; although when he makes phone calls, he does try to face his south success direction.

I followed some of the various suggestions to place a turtle in the north, candles in my home office and my husband's office, flower images in the east, blue items in the north of our major rooms. I placed lilac flowers and gold items in the southeast for fortune and abundance and in early November added some wooden objects and my bank statements. In the NE, for spirituality and knowledge, I placed gemstones and some of my spiritual books. Our fireplace is very close to being in a NW direction (around 290-291 degrees), so I placed a bowl of water next to it. I placed fire elements in the south, such as candles, and I cleaned my south success direction in all our rooms, focusing especially on my office, bedroom and family room. It took awhile (because of his severe time restraints), but my husband made SOME progress in cleaning his success direction in his office -- although most people would still see it as quite cluttered. (But he is so overworked and stressed out now with all he has to do and lack of time to do it, that I really can't push him to do much more at this time. He really would like to as well, but it's just not an option right now). I hid the wastebaskets from the activated directions and hid what clutter I could not clean at the time behind closet and cabinet doors.

I placed a small table-top fountain in our foyer, which is on the north side of the house. I placed it next to the stairs in the center of the foyer, as that's where it fit best and was out of the traffic flow. I also placed some blue ornaments nearby. Because we have a two-story foyer, (although the staircase is l-shaped, not circular), I began keeping all the upper doors closed to keep the majority of the energy flow on the first floor. Although here's a question -- I wonder if I should keep at least my bedroom and office doors open to encourage the energy flow to enter there???

Because both my office and bedroom have a large expanse of green wall-to-wall carpeting, I reduced that by the use of red bedspreads and other red items. In the manual I had read that since water is my personal Fortune element and since wood (green color) reduces water, I thought I should try to reduce the green in those rooms by adding the red. I also moved my vision boards to the SE corner (general success area?) of my office and placed other lists of dreams in my south directions of a few rooms, including the bedroom. I placed a piece of opal jewelry in the NW to help activate earthly luck energy.

We spent most of our weekends decluttering the basement and garage. And since I still hadn't seen any real increase of wealth coming our way, I took a break from that in early November to do a few more activations -- just a few weeks ago (which is why your comment about the "when" part may be important) -- although these newer activations were more focused on relationship and health. Financially though, I did place a picture of an extremely successful internet marketer who I greatly admire and want to emulate (who unfortunately died way too young in an automobile accident -- is that a factor -- should it be someone still living?) on my desk in the south direction. This was important to me, as I too am working on getting a similar business going. I placed water scenes, originally purchased -- but never used -- for our guest bedroom, on the north walls of my husband's office and my office instead.

I had read in Marie's manual that it was possible to activate purity "when nothing move forward, even after completing your feng shui activations" by placing a white color or object in the west -- which I did by placing some white candles that I had in both my husband's and my offices and our family room. I've been trying to keep our dining room table (another abundance area) clear as well, but my husband has his laptop and personal financial papers set up there (as he doesn't want them up in his office which is overflowing with work-related papers). I do try to keep his papers off the table and hidden underneath on the chairs -- if that's of any help.

As I mentioned, the rest of my November activations were focused on health and relationships. Although I am mainly concerned that all my many activations back in August seem to have had so little effect.

Now on the negative side, our basement, garage, attic space (which is not over the main part of the house -- just over the garage), and my husband's office are still very cluttered. And this is where we have been spending the majority of our time working on -- since I got this course. In fact, I even put my internet marketing business on hold so I could do this -- since weekends are the only time I could devote to it. (I work full-time in a hospital during the week and my husband has two businesses he manages). And to be quite honest, most would look at our major de-cluttering effort and say it still looks cluttered -- which it does. Nevertheless, the effort -- and the result -- have been tremendous from where we started. And we truly are still working on it. The basement was the worse. We built our home, and it's not quite finished, so there is lots of construction material down there. My husband has a wood shop, and an electronics area. I had an antique and stained glass shop, and sold other items as well. I've closed the shop, but still do shows from time to time -- so all that stuff was scattered around as well. I did throw out and give away a lot and decluttered and re-organized and it looks much better -- but it is far from finished. And in August, even though it was not finished, I decided we needed to focus our efforts -- while the weather was still warm enough -- on working on decluttering our garage -- since that is the entrance we use most -- even though it is not the house's main entrance. Although it, too, shows improvement, we are not yet done. And frankly, I don't know if it will ever be done -- until we are both retired and can devote the time it needs and are able to eliminate a lot of the stuff we currently use. It's a 2-car garage, but one-half serves as an extension of my husband's business -- and there is clutter there from that -- packing boxes and materials, supplies, etc. We've recently purchased and built cabinetry to organize and hide some of it, but, as I've mentioned -- we're still far from finished.

I guess I had hoped, as the universe "saw" our herculean efforts in the basement and garage, that it would at least "count for something" and at least start the flow of abundance coming our way. (And I don't mean to denigrate in any way our current "prosperity" in that we both have jobs and can afford the necessities of life -- especially in this economy). But what I was looking for was to increase it somewhat while decreasing the huge amount of work we both have to currently do in order to maintain our jobs).

Shawn, you also asked whether our front door faced a favorable direction for us. The garage door (which we use the most) faces to the west. But our home's "real" front door faces north. Ironically, it was a year ago, when I read an article on Feng Shui that was entitled something like "When Should Your Front Door Not be Painted Red?" that I became first interested in Feng Shui. My front door was painted red at the time; and the article stated that although a red front door normally brings good fortune, a north-facing door should be painted black. I loved my red door but was intrigued enough to paint it black on a weekend in November. That Monday I went to work, and almost immediately received a phone call from our HR department telling me that I had won a flat-screen TV in the United Way drawing! And from that point on, little things "flowed" so smoothly for me -- parking spaces, relationships, etc. -- everything except finances. So I decided if painting a door black could have such a noticeable effect, maybe there was more I should do -- and that's how I found Marie Diamond. So... my question is ... what am I doing wrong (other than the clutter, which I really really am working on)? Or is it the bed direction -- which I can't do anything about?

Many, many, thanks to you, Shawn, for taking the time to ponder this -- not to mention read this small book I've just written!

Linda

LindaJ Offline OP
OP Offline

Shawn, one other thing. Since the fortune element for both my husband and myself is water (blue and black colors), how important is it that we do not use those colors in decorating our home? We do use a lot of white, but the main accent color used in decorating my office, bedroom, kitchen, and powder rooms is green (a wood color). Additionally, the area rugs in the dining and living rooms are also green. And I had planned on painting the wood trim and wainscotting in the dining room that color. It's a color I find very soothing to my soul. The only rooms that have blue in them are my husband's office and our family room. It's not a color I'm particularly fond of -- and black is not a color we decorate with either. Do I really need to change all this -- even though I find so much comfort in my green? (Our home's exterior is sided with a blue-gray vinyl, which has gently faded to more of a gray color over the years -- which I like. Is this a factor at all, in trying to get more blue into our house)? Thanks again.

Hi,

I'm not Shawn, but I'd like to chime in on a couple of points here, if I may.

Originally Posted By: LindaJ
I started my activations in mid-August. (I probably should note that both my husband and I are 3's and water dragons).

So you're both 1952. Mid-August is just about enough time to enter the 9 week range, but the level of Feng Shui you're doing tends to be for the long run, and takes longer to take hold.

I first checked the direction of my bed -- not good -- but also not changeable. (Could this be the cause of my lack of success?). The headboard is on a west wall (total loss direction).

Is it possible to sleep sideways or 180 degrees about? N S and E are all much better directions for you. Assuming you don't end up with your head under the fan, of course.

There is a full-length mirror opposite the bed, but since we almost always keep the bedroom door open -- especially at night when I'm in bed -- it is usually hidden behind the open door.

Fine.

Another large mirror above a dresser also faces the wall the bed is on; but it is several feet over, and the bed is not reflected in that mirror.

Also fine.

Other than that, there is excellent flow in the room and I have a clear view of all doors, without being in their path. (Unless a french door to the outside 2nd story balcony counts -- which is over to the side of the bed).

No worries.

When I'm seated at my desk, I face my south success direction -- but that leaves my back to the office door. So I placed a mirror on my desk that allows me a view of the doorway. My chair back is high -- it covers the lower 3rd of my head.

Again, fine.

My husband's desk faces the east (his growth direction) and cannot be moved; although when he makes phone calls, he does try to face his south success direction.

Unnecessary if it makes him too uncomfortable, but hey, if he is willing, go for it.

I followed some of the various suggestions to place a turtle in the north, candles in my home office and my husband's office, flower images in the east, blue items in the north of our major rooms. I placed lilac flowers and gold items in the southeast for fortune and abundance and in early November added some wooden objects and my bank statements. In the NE, for spirituality and knowledge, I placed gemstones and some of my spiritual books.

Okay, but make sure it doesn't get too cluttered. There is such a thing as overactivation.

Our fireplace is very close to being in a NW direction (around 290-291 degrees), so I placed a bowl of water next to it.

Good, although I would add earth and metal qi as well.

I placed fire elements in the south, such as candles, and I cleaned my south success direction in all our rooms, focusing especially on my office, bedroom and family room. It took awhile (because of his severe time restraints), but my husband made SOME progress in cleaning his success direction in his office -- although most people would still see it as quite cluttered. (But he is so overworked and stressed out now with all he has to do and lack of time to do it, that I really can't push him to do much more at this time. He really would like to as well, but it's just not an option right now). I hid the wastebaskets from the activated directions and hid what clutter I could not clean at the time behind closet and cabinet doors.

Did you actually throw anything out or clear out the old stuff? It sounds like there's a lot of stuff which is holding energy sticking around.

Because we have a two-story foyer, (although the staircase is l-shaped, not circular), I began keeping all the upper doors closed to keep the majority of the energy flow on the first floor. Although here's a question -- I wonder if I should keep at least my bedroom and office doors open to encourage the energy flow to enter there???

Definitely!

Financially though, I did place a picture of an extremely successful internet marketer who I greatly admire and want to emulate (who unfortunately died way too young in an automobile accident -- is that a factor -- should it be someone still living?) on my desk in the south direction.

Err...bad idea. You're sleeping towards your total loss direction, which is geared exactly for things like that, and you add a picture like that to the energy? I would change it.

Linda, it sounds like you've been doing entirely too much in terms of activation and not quite enough in terms of decluttering. My experience is that without the decluttering, the extra items only accumulate dead energy without creating much good effect. Keep it simple! Focus on decluttering first. I would redouble the efforts with the office first. The garage would come next. The rest can take a lower priority for the time being.

I guess I had hoped, as the universe "saw" our herculean efforts in the basement and garage, that it would at least "count for something" and at least start the flow of abundance coming our way.

The universe would but it's still too cluttered to hear you clearly.

The garage door (which we use the most) faces to the west. But our home's "real" front door faces north.

Which door do you use?

My front door was painted red at the time; and the article stated that although a red front door normally brings good fortune, a north-facing door should be painted black.

Agreed.

Kaye

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Kaye is indeed not me, but much better looking. ;\)

Thank you Kaye for chopping through this one. I have it printed and highlighted, but haven't got around to yet this this week.

I agree. Watch over activating, don't restrict Qi flow to your bedrooms, and keep clearing out the old to make space for the new (assuming you did the clearing pieces from the forgiveness facet).

Quote:
The universe would but it's still too cluttered to hear you clearly.

LOL

Much Love, Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved