Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#69453 11/15/08 10:56 AM
Maz Offline OP
OP Offline

Dear Forum,

I am new to PR and I'm doing the self-study course at home in preparation for exams I'm taking in December. I love reading and hope to take reading to new heights. Loads of books and probably read about 5% of them.

I have recently purchased the PhotoReading Deluxe and have been working through the CD’s for the last 4 or 5 days. I am currently on CD 6. The information is superb and I easily found the blip page, can PhotoFocus relatively easily, and entering the Accelerated Learning State is, I hope, performed correctly. I also have the ProCyon AVS system and perform at least 2 of the sessions per day (sessions 2, 3, 12, 15, 19, 22 are my favourites).

I have tried to PhotoRead several books. Turning pages is getting easier once I get used to the rhythm. However I have much difficulty in remembering anything. I SR and D and have tried Skittering and as yet, have not been successful in accessing any of the information in my brain. But I know that there is some change because my dreams have become very vivid. The morning after I photoread, I dreamt that I was using the wrong format in accessing data within a computer programme and the connection with what I was doing was very evident. Last night I photoread 3 books and made an intention to activate them overnight. The dream I had was that there was a body buried in a basement of my house. I had killed a person and buried the body and was worried that I would be found out! I did not want the body to be discovered for obvious reasons!

My interpretation of both dreams is that I am scared to make the jump. I do not want to make the connection from somewhere to somewhere else. I may be trying too hard and I always make the intention that this is a relaxed, exciting experience but I may be expecting too much.

I get the feeling that the information is in me somewhere just waiting to get out. I have exams in 2 weeks and am reading some really heavy text on Organisational Behaviour. I try and photread the book at least twice a day. Is this wrong as I heard somewhere that it may be like planting a seed and pulling out the seed every time to see if it has changed and then replanting.

How many times can I photoread a book a day (the same book)?

Will it just suddenly happen - activation - if I perform all the steps correctly?

I'm doing the mind maps which are a fantastic help but I just need to activate.....

Thanks

Maz

It may just 'suddenly happen' however layering is predictable.

You can do as much as time allows. However, keep to the process.

The key concept is 'layering' by passing over the book several times in various ways as outlined in the Photoreading course.

Maz Offline OP
OP Offline

Dear Yukala,

Again, thank you for replying. I haven't come across the 'layering' term before. Can you tell me where this is? Is it in the book or on the CDs?

Thanks

Maz

Hi, my fun too to converse!

'Layering' as I used it is based upon Photoreading course where it outlines making passes, or...

Photoread
Dip
Skip
Speed Read

Basically, you are passing over the same pages again and again front to back, but each time by a differing means.

First the PhotoRead.
Next dipping
Next Skipping or Speed Read

You can mix it up, chop it up. I rarely get through without stopping in any third pass through. If I have not touched the books for months then I can Photoread through, but next time I dip down and eat up what I am now considering to be important to consciously master.

Some books just do not merit much attention after a pass or two, others you may want to go through like a fine meal.

High Regards!

Maz Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Yukala,

Interesting techniques. I am doing an exam today and in the next few days begin 2 new modules.

I hope to practice this technique as soon as possible and think I will be better able to judge the results with new material instead of the old material I was concentrating on and actually the main reason why I looked into PR.

I will be trying the layering method and creating the mind maps as I think the latter method helps alot.

Kind regards,

Maz

Good fortune,

Love to hear how it works out for you!

Inversion, rapid eye technology and eye patching will help you activate your thoughtstream for image streaming and photoreading activation. I find it amazing that people can photoread merely from using the book and course.

Originally Posted By: ph0t0reader
Inversion, rapid eye technology and eye patching will help you activate your thoughtstream for image streaming and photoreading activation. I find it amazing that people can photoread merely from using the book and course.

Why?

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Quote:
I find it amazing that people can photoread merely from using the book and course.

That's how I learned. \:D

AlexK

I find it amazing because when I first read the book and did the course I achieved very little. I set my purpose, photoread and activated to no avail; in contrast a friend of mine picked it up in no time.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved