Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#69661 12/01/08 05:03 PM
OP Offline

Marie says not to put wastebaskets in your good area or in the east. Is this true even if they are under a desk? Where do they go?

samantha6 #69691 12/02/08 08:42 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha samantha6,

They go in one of your less-good directions, or inside a cabinet.

For example, there isn't a lower cabinet to place a waist receptacle in, so I have it tucked under my side desk/table in the South (Loss/Theft) direction of my office. Reachable, poor personal direction, and hidden.

Much Love, Shawn

Shawn_Grim #75298 03/14/10 04:51 AM

Further questions on trash cans.

I'm pleased to have some direction on trash cans (the only thing I've seen in other sources was "don't put it...." but no directions where to put it)

Some of my rooms have "unders" or cabinets to push them in.Some don't and don't have real options this way (short of totally dismantling the room, which would cause bad energy flow with my Feng Shui resistant husband)

Would a trash bucket with a lid work as concealing it? Not sure if it's the can that needs to be conceled or just the trash ( which seems not unlikely) and lidded trash cans seem a likely solution if they'd do the job.

Also,I know we're told to put the trash can in a less preferred position.

Well I'm an East Group person and my husband's a West

As noted, he doesn't believe in Feng Shui but I'd just as soon not shaft him while I'm helping me ( while he doesn't believe, he doesn't have to for it to work, no?)

Right now, I'm activating my directions and leaving his on neutral ; and we've got a balance of bed ( him) and front door(me)...

But here's still those pesky trash cans....

Any suggestions?

Fgdmom

Last edited by Fgodmom; 03/14/10 04:52 AM.
Fgodmom #75299 03/14/10 04:58 AM

By covered trash cans, I'm meaning ones with a lid, whether swinging or liftable...

would that qualify as concealing the trashcan

or do you have other suggestions?

Fgodmom

Fgodmom #75426 03/23/10 09:31 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

A trash can is a trash can. Hidden generally means in a cupboard or closet.

Look at the trash placement more closely in your office and bedroom. His office-keep it out of his good directions. Keep it hidden in your bedroom.

People generally don't have a garbage receptacle in their living room, so for the rest of the house, look at the Qi flow as it comes into the house and moes throughout. Keep the flow from dumping into a garbage can.

Much Love, Shawn

Shawn_Grim #75435 03/24/10 05:27 PM

I was afraid that you'd say that- as I said there isn't really a functional "hidden" (cabinet or closet space) in some of my rooms

Also, just a note- I find most of the people I know have a waste basket in the living room,as well as most other rooms. Amongst other things, it's where one sorts ones junkmail into

So now I've got a problem and no good solution

Is there perhaps a way I can compensate for areas where I cannot conceal the trash can? More activations or cures?

Catherine

Fgodmom #75437 03/24/10 09:41 PM

What about using a cover of fabric? Marie suggests this for the initial space clearing, just to allow the creation of a little new space for the new Chi. So perhaps running up a cover to go over the bin (although it sounds a bit clumsy when it comes to throwing the rubbish in, if there is a cover over the top, that must be removed before this can be done)? I suppose it depends on the type of bin as to whether you could make up the cover to stick to a rim or something, such that you only have to lift up the bottom of the fabric to use the bin (does that make sense?).

Is covering the bin with fabric a viable hiding mechanism?

Kind regards to all

Cheryl-Anne

Cheryl-Anne #75454 03/25/10 09:29 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha,

Yes, the waste baskets can be covered, or have a lid when visible.

Even with that though, she'd recommend not having one in one of your good directions of you bedroom or office. The house in the Essentials DVD had a covered diaper waste basket in the baby's health corner of his room. Marie had that moved.

A waste basket in the living room... I can't say I've ever seen that. I even did a quick poll around the offices just now and didn't find someone who has, or grew up with one there. Maybe it's just not a Midwest thing wink

Junk mail goes in recycling, which is either covered or hidden.

I talked to the editor of our Feng Shui newsletter and she said that long before she started her training with Marie in Feng Shui, she did a lot of "Feng Shui friendly" things naturally because she flipped a lot of homes. Knowing you are going to be having a lot of people visiting/looking at your house, there are things you always do and don't do. Here were a couple she mentioned. Do they sound familiar?

Do:
Keep your windows clean. (see the "Body/Home Connection" section in Level One's Purity Facet.)

Have waste paper baskets out in the open if you can help it, and if they are, make sure they are covered and add to the room, or blend in to the point people don't realize they are there.

Keep your toilet seat lid down.

Much Love,

Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved