Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#69697 12/02/08 11:08 PM
OP Offline

Has anybody used PLs to increase their self talk? Or changed it to positive self talk? If so what have you used and what are the results?

Thanks,
Dan

danielcgordon #69747 12/05/08 09:40 PM

Best way to change self talk is with your own voice talking outloud throughout the day. If you listen to a paraliminal Like Talking To Win or Automatic Pilot it will help but you need to exercise controlling of your thoughts for the rest of the day I suggest buying a motivaider and using switchwords.Before you go to bed talk positive to yourself in front of a mirror for ten minutes.Dont try to force results that will be like planting a seed and digging it up everyday. Make it a goal to have a positive mindset and give yourself a deadline.

CPW1 #69779 12/08/08 07:41 PM

Another way would be to write down in one or two sentences what you are trying to implant in your subconscious. You would write it down with your right hand which is your conscious mind and then with your left hand which is your subconscious mind. This should be the reverse if you are left handed.
Repeat this a couple of time and give yoruself a break. Then trust yourself enough to make it work.

danielcgordon #69783 12/09/08 02:32 AM

Hi Daniel! I am continually working on my self talk with every tool I can grasp. I do include several PLS--Automatic Pilot, You Deserve It, Peak Performance. I also listen to audio affirmations almost every day.

I also monitor how I speak to others. Sometime's it surprises me!

Warmest wishes,

Linda
Washington State
Linda Carroll #69870 12/12/08 07:38 AM
OP Offline

I like the speaking to others...I'm not the best with that. I do have a pretty sharp tongue many times! I've also spoken to myself in the mirror as suggested with a date in mind. I've had pretty good results with that as well. Now I'm even starting to believe myself when I talk in the mirror!! What I've done throughout the day is a re framing exercise that I've learned...I thank the thought for sharing and appreciate what its done in the past for me. Bless it for what it is and move forward from there. All of these seem to be working well for me. Its going to be a long process I can already tell...it has some deep seeded dark thoughts.

For fear of sounding out there I've also recently managed to have conversations with myself...the conscious and subconscious (neg self talk) its been a powerful, humbling and interesting experience. The more I seem to 'talk to myself' the less and less power it has over me and my conscious waking thoughts.

I do believe this is the absolute starting place for the next leg of my improvement!! I want to thank all of you for your words and guidance! Any other stories and or thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

Dan

danielcgordon #70053 12/27/08 07:19 PM

Danielcgordon
Sorry it look me so long to write Danielcgordon,because I been meaning to write this for a week now.Pause and look back how far you came and the improvements you made since you starting working on yourself.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved