Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I recently read PhotoReading and there was an example of a woman learning French by PhotoReading the dictionary numerous times. Is there a benefit to PhotoReading (specifically step 3, not the whole process) a book multiple times, or does one perusal get the info into the inner mind (with no benefit from further PhotoReading)?

There is benefit with adroit purpose and focused intention and soft attention.

PhotoReading a book multiple times will bring you added benefit, but not to the extend that you might imagine. For learning a foreign language, I would recommend PhotoReading textbooks and other materials along with a dictionary once a day. The idea is that you're constantly sleeping and incubating the material. As long as you're also doing Activation each day, you'll make considerable progress.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

PhotoReading a book, multiple times it is useful for where one benefits from repetition. This is particularly the case in language learning, and often textbooks.

For most other books once is enough. However, if you are having difficulty activating, you might find it useful to PhotoRead the book, again. This is a good idea when you are learning something that is new, that you are not confident in, or have difficulty with in general.

Two students in my classes are usually recommend PhotoReading that textbooks for their classes daily at the beginning of term or semester for 2 to 4 weeks. Then the classroom discussion can become the activation. They often find it easier to follow the lectures and class as a result of PhotoReading their textbooks.

Playing with it, see what you get and think, what happens if?

AlexK

I don't have many experience in Photoreading, but I think that multiple photo reading might be helpful. Especially for those who don't have developed photographic memory.

For example, I can describe my living room quite good even though I didn't try to memorize what is in there, I've just seen it many times and the picture is clear. So, from my point of view, if you read the book several times, your conscious mind will easily access it, right?

I like PRing a book prior to working with it a second or third time, partly because it puts me in the right frame of mind to avoid plodding through the book.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved