Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
expance Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi, I am new to this forum, though, I have used Paraliminals in the past. I am currently weighing the options between taking an instructor lead Photo Reading course and purchasing the self study material. I am a little sceptical regarding the latter, since I historically have had difficulties absorbing a lot of info in short space of time. I want to use this to help me assimilate technical material such math, which has also proven challenging in the past.

Forgot to add, if Photo Reading is about reducing brainwaves to alpha, how this is achieved in a class environment. How to reduce mental chatter. Are bio feedback or CES machines used.?

[This message has been edited by expance (edited September 07, 2003).]

Well this would have been better placed in the PhotoReading forum, but....

There is more to the PRWMS (PhotoReading Whole Mind Sytem) than just getting into a particular brain state. After saying that I must say that all the material in the system is in the Book, the home study course, and I assume in the seminar. I'll also add that everything in the system is quite simple. However, with many simple things it takes a while before most people can master it. Many, very many I suspect stop before they get results. Then again, many get good results immediately.

The key to the system is in you. The biggest thing to overcome in using the system well is you.

Okay, getting back to your question, sort of. I'll say Good, Better, Best (Thanks Shawn). The book is Good, the course is Better and the seminar is probably the Best. I say probably because I haven't gone to the seminar.

I chose the course over the book for my own reasons. The seminar wasn't really an option for me. Come of the PR forum and search the archives for similar post to this one.

Sending love,
Iam2

Administrator
Administrator

You can gain a lot from each method of learning. The book alone, the home study course and the seminar. With each you can repeat it as often as you want.

The seminar has the advantage that you are amongst people who are just learning the system with you and some that may be repeating the class to see what more they can glean from it. You learn something new from each repetition. We have the tendancy to learn only up to the point we are ready to learn... if we keep going we move to higher abilities. Being with like minded people and having an instructor guide you through the learning process and being available to answer your questions and concerns as they come up is very comforting for many students of photoreading. The process helps you see the results you are getting and pointing. With the home study course people are often hung up on the uncertainty that they got it right - usually they have but no one is there to reassure them that they are on the right track.

With the seminar you can repeat it as necessary for a modest repeat fee, connect with people who are at the same level of learning and create a learning team with people whom you got to know.

The homestudy course is ideal if you like to learn on your own at your own pace.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited January 01, 2006).]

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved