Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#6569 10/19/03 12:31 PM

I am currently evaluating the Euphoria course because it came with a free 30 day trial period with the purchase of Natural Brilliance..... At first pass, I would have to say that Euphoria is 5 or 6 mini-info-mercials for other courses that you can buy and I don't really care for it - with the exception of the Attitude Activator which I found to be a pretty good CD....

#6570 10/19/03 02:59 PM
Iam2 Offline OP
OP Offline

Say it ain't so. I'm waiting for my order to arrive. Aaaaaargh.

It may seem like infomercials. I'm pretty sure it was an attempt to draw from large variety of expertise to try and facilitate the experiencing of the euphoric state. Since one technique may more readily connect with some users than others.

Maesoph, imaging out useless you would have found the course if you they hadn't included the Attitude Activator in that package. I'm personally am expecting to connect with at least a couple, and I'm hope I connect with them all. I want to experience what euphoria might be like from all of the perspectives being used.

Thanks for sharing your experience. You've heightened my curiousity about the Attitude Activator.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#6571 10/19/03 06:56 PM

Iam2,

I too am interested in the Awakened Mind CD from Anna Wise. I have seen a reference to the CD in her book, Awakening the Mind, but I have not seen an online sites where we can purchase it.

Do you happen to know where we can get the CD from?

Thanks in advance!

#6572 10/20/03 09:20 AM
Administrator
Administrator

To my knowledge the only CD that Ms Wise created are a set call High Performance Mind.

Available from her website.

I'll go on record and say that they are not that great in my opinion. They are supposed to help you enter the ideal brainwave patterns and her hypnosis on the CDs are rather flat. It's the exact same text that is in the book High performance mind so you could create the recordings yourself. It's as if she only read the scipt in a deadpan voice. It's a bit hard to describe really I suggest if you can locate them in a library that you give them a test run before you purchase them. The concept is good and they could help for visualisation if you don't mind being bored rather than entrained. It's a pity that you can't hear a 30 to 60 second slice from the CDs before you buy them.

The CD's are cheaper on toolsforwellness.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited October 20, 2003).]

#6573 10/20/03 12:50 PM

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. I do have the the High Performance Mind CD set, and as you had mentioned, did not find them very impressive for a long time. Recently, I went back to them and tried some of the meditation techniques, and found them to be quite effective! This prompted me to buy her more recent book, Awakening the Mind, in which there is mention of the Awakened Mind CD.

There is a CD also by the same name, by Jeffrey Thompson, and I was wondering if that is the same as that mentioned in Anna Wise's book?

#6574 10/20/03 02:13 PM

Iam2,

One more thing to add about the Euphoria! course, Chunyi Lin's meditation is one of our favorites when we do the sitting meditation here at LSC. It's around 30 minutes and we alternate the meditation from Euphoria! with the Small Universe and Self-Concentration sitting meditations.

Good luck with your decision!

#6575 10/20/03 02:25 PM
Administrator
Administrator

I haven't located such a CD it would be on her site if she has already created it.

While Dr Jeffrey Thompson also creates CDs the does have one that is referred to as trigging the awakened mind (CD3 from the brainwave suite alpha/theta) the interesting thing about the illustration that comes with the CD set is that it isn't the Awakened mind pattern that it creates it actually matches the pattern of the 'Evolved mind' Figure 4 page 42 of the book the High Perfomance Mind by Anna Wise.

Personally this set of CDs is one that I keep coming back to just to meditate. (Brainwave Suite by Dr Jeffrey Thompson) They have no voice induction so can be used for any goal if you just want to meditate.

Check out Amazon.com you can probably sample it there, ass they offer some sound samples from his other CDs

Alex

#6576 10/21/03 03:12 AM

Thanks, Alex. You always post messages which are very informative.

I have sent an e-mail to Anna Wise inquiring about the CD. I will keep you posted on what I find out.

#6577 11/19/03 02:56 PM
Iam2 Offline OP
OP Offline

Well since I asked the question, and I've been through the course now I thought I'd share some thoughts.

It is a survey of several techniques. Several of which I am now curious about. The first side of each tape is an introduction to the actual exercise on the other side. I don't recommend skipping it, even thought it may seem like a sales pitch. Afterall a good soft sell is just educating the customer to the product. This understanding is helpful for most tapes and probably necessary for some.

I wouldn't expect many to experience euphoria after a single pass through the set of tapes. However, it is very probably you will have a few interesting and probably enjoyable experiences while going through the tapes. I personally have gained some valuable understanding just from the side A material.

You are instructed to select one and use it repeatedly for a while after you've sampled them all. I will be doing this with several of the methods.

Several people have stated the Attitude Activator as their favourite. I don't know if it is mine, but it is definitely the most FUNKY of the tapes. It reminds me of an LP I'd heard before, called something like the Sounds of Love, or the Song of Love.

I will be spending a fair bit of time with these tapes. I anticipate more spending more time with them than I've spent with my other paraliminals. This only means that I believe the serve my current needs better than my other tapes.

To sum up I would recommend the package, but with the caveat that you shouldn't expect to immediately experience euphoria.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#6578 11/19/03 08:02 PM

The first time listening to the Appitude Activator I had to giggle! It does take a bit of getting used to ... I keep picturing them in the studio and I wonder how they ever got through it themselves!

However, it was no doubt recorded at different times. Interesting course, though; there's some good stuff in there.

*A*

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved