Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#70128 01/03/09 04:08 PM
Carolaf Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi,

This is a little long, and I apologize in advance. I'm so excited about this program, though, and wanted to share that and also ask some questions.

I just finished the silver and gold portions of the program. When I first started reading and listening, I almost sent it all back because almost everything in my home was facing the wrong directions for me or in the wrong colors.

But then I realized that before I bought this unit, my life had been really moving along quite well, but after I moved in 6 years ago, my life has really taken a downturn. My prosperity left, and I almost lost my home. I developed a chronic disease condition. I felt depressed all the time, and didn't want to go out. Could it be the unit?

I remembered a while back I was very ill, and I slept on my couch for 2 weeks. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't sleep in my bed, but decided to do what felt right even though it didn't make sense. Now I know ... sleeping on the couch had me facing my personal health direction, and the bed was facing a loss direction. Somehow I intuitively knew I couldn't get well sleeping in my bed. So then I decided it was worth making the changes to find out if that would help my life. I'm now sleeping in a good direction and facing good directions when I sit.

I really shifted a lot around. I found that even though I had to make changes that didn't seem to follow good decorating sense, it feels great, and I feel good in it. My sister told me that the unit was beginning to look all grown-up and well-put together(even though it's most of the same stuff, just moved to different areas).

However, I'm sorry to say that I'm still confused about the directions, and how to figure them for my home. I hope someone can help.

I live in a 2-story townhouse, with bedrooms and bathroom upstairs, with clearly-defined rooms and hallway. Downstairs is a problem. The unit is a long rectangle shape. The front door faces south, and immediately upon entering there are 2 doors to the right (SE) to a half-bath and a hall closet (jammed with stuff) and an entry to the left (SW) to the kitchen. That hallway itself is very short, and opens onto the rest of the unit, and there is a clear and open visual path from the front door all the way to the back door. The kitchen is mostly enclosed but has an open breakfast bar separating it from the dining room. You can see most of the whole downstairs from the entry and from the kitchen sink.

Essentially, the downstairs is open, with the rooms defined by floor elevation (the living room drops about 6"), a half-rail around part of the dining area and a very short partial wall separating the dining room and living room on the west side of the structure.

The other side has the stairs and a wide open space beneath that I use for a library (east)with a small desk andacross from the living room portion has a fireplace.

My questions are:
1. When I take directions from the living room, should I use the whole downstairs or just the area I've defined as a living room (with a partial wall and railing around part of up, but mostly open on top).
2. I have a fountain in the shape of led candles that light up when it is turned on and the water flows sitting on the breakfast bar which separates the dining area and the kitchen. The candle/fountain was given to my by my son. On the breakfast bar, would that be in the south area of the dining room or the north area of the kitchen or both? Does the candle-like part counteract the fountain by mixing fire and water? Is there another direction that I can use it (I like it a lot, and it is a gift from my son).
3. And then there is the upstairs. Do I take directions is each room or on the whole floor? I mean, do I treat the whole upstairs like a separate unit, or is it still all considered one unit with the downstairs?
4. The SE area of the upstairs is a closet in the guest room, jammed packed with stuff, and the SE area downstairs is the half-bath. Do both areas affect abundance? I've started to close the lid and the drains and the doors, in the half-bath, and I'll straighten out the closets. Can I do more for abundance?

I am really enjoying working with this program. Since I started, some good things have happened. For instance, a friend noticed some repair work that needed to be done (that I couldn't afford) and just jumped in and did it all for free. I've had some unexpected successes at work. It's All Good!

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give. Blessings to all.

Carol

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Carolaf,

1. If you are looking to place something in a specific direction in your living room, then measure from the middle of the living room space as you feel/perceive it. From what you are talking about, you have a sense of it, and so would others walking into it, since it's semi-defined as is.

2, You'll find Marie using water with fire and the other way around, to create a little steam in certain situations.

3. Upstairs is it's own floor plan. You don't need to put an activation for lets say "joy" in both the upper and lower floor's South area. One will suffice.

The lower floor's up and down by 6" or so areas, are still considered as part of the same 1st floor plan.

When you want to place something in a direction of a room up stair (lets say your health direction of your bedroom), you'd stand in the middle of that room and take your directions. When looking at general activations for the house, you'd stand in the middle of the entire level space.

4. Both do. Good start. Look at the activations Marie suggests for the front of the closet doors, and declutter. Remember think more of a "sector of space" for a direction, rather than whats happening in that corner.

Much Love, Shawn

Carolaf Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks so much, Shawn. This is very helpful ... I've been struggling with trying to figure it out on my own.
Carol

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved