Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#6627 09/20/03 11:44 PM
Hoss Offline OP
OP Offline

I have been using the New Behavior Generator, Self-esteem Supercharger and Instantaneous Personal Magnetism for quite some time now and the results I have gotten are fairly limited. It's like my mind is trying hard to make the change, but some very deep and powerful beliefs are stopping me dead in my tracks. I am thinking about getting the paraliminal Beliefs because it sounds like it could be the most effective at getting to the source of the problem. The Self-Esteem Generator hasn't worked for me so far because it is not specific enough. I usually anticipate the worst possible outcome.

Overall, is it effective at dealing with the deep, core issues?

#6628 09/21/03 12:39 AM

Gee, I have all the tapes you've mentioned. I find the Beliefs to be almost as effective as the IPM tape. The Belief tape is no more specific than any of the other programs. I suspect they are designed so that they can be or more use.

You can get the Belief if you want. Different tapes have different relative effects on people. The same basic ideas are often express several ways. However, it usually one of those expressions that hits the bullseye. It probably a different phrase or combination of phrase for each person. We all start at different places when we use the tapes, so it only natural that we see and respond differently to the material. Maybe Belief has the perspective you need right now.

For me I think the IPM is the one and only tape I need. The rest that I have are fine, but who knows in 2 years from now it may be the Belief tape I turn to for my goals at the time.

So I didn't help you decide but maybe you have a little more useful information.

Sending love,
Iam2

#6629 09/21/03 01:35 AM
Hoss Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Iam2.

You definitely make some good points. Sometimes I think that the Paraliminals focus more on the symptoms and less on the actual beliefs behind the symptoms. The Self-Esteem Generator might not work very well if you have some core beliefs that work against it. Those are the beliefs that caused the problem to begin with and if the tapes don't directly deal with them, the results may be limited.

The other day, I made a list of all the negative beliefs that hold me back, and within thirty minutes, I had a full page and a half. Of course, none of them are directly dealt with by the tapes that I have. I just thought that with the Beliefs tape, I could target isolate each one and replace it with something more positive.

#6630 09/21/03 06:19 AM

Hoss

From what you are discribing I would recommend the New History Generator. This tapes uses the time-line process which will
help you to get over your problems which most likely have there roots in the past.

Cheers,

#6631 09/21/03 07:41 AM
Hoss Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for the advice.
I have tried the New History Generator a few times, but it didn't seem to make a lot of difference. Maybe I need to use it a few more times. The problem is, at least for me, that it is just too complicated. It moves too fast considering the large amount of ground it covers and its hard to really focus in on anything. I never really know what I am supposed to do while listening to the NHG. Are you supposed to 'see' or experience everything that Paul describes, or is he speaking entirely to the subconscious mind? Most of the time, I draw a complete blank. An entire lifetime of memories can be an awful lot to process!

There are many memories (a good portion of the last ten years) that I want to neutralize somehow, but the NHG seems like it is just too complicated for me to put to practical use. I really wish it wasn't so broad in its approach. When I bought it, I thought it would allow you to focus in on specific memories using paraliminals for seeing them in a new way, instead of the more complicated memory 'splicing'. The only reason I am thinking about getting the Beliefs tape is that I thought it would be a little simpler. The most direct approach is usually the most effective.

Frodo02, have you had much success with the NHG? Is there any advice you can offer on how to use it? Traveling through four separate time lines in such a short period of time seems pretty difficult.

#6632 09/21/03 09:35 AM

Hoss

When I use the NHG as well as any other tape
I trust my intuition/feeling. In other words
I go with the flow. However, I set myself a goal/target of what I want to achieve or what obstacle I want to remove.

From your writing it looks like that you need a fixed set of rules rather then trusting yourself. If that is so then try
remove this obstacle by using the NHG.

There was perhaps a time when this "needing a set of rules" or "not trusting yourself"
started. Using the NHG you can overcome and remove that obstacle.

And yes I had a lot of success by using the NHG.

Cheers,

#6633 09/21/03 09:39 AM

A page and a half of limiting beliefs. I would say that Belief is a good tape for you. You're already thinking along those lines, so Belief may be the best match tape for you.

Belief works exactly like that. It works at replacing unwanted beliefs with wanted ones.

I would suggest looking at them and try grouping them. Can you come up with an overall belief that includes many of those on the list. Here is a belief that is supposed to be common to all really successful people.

"There is not such thing as failure". They really believe this. Expanding on the idea to make it seem less trivial. Everything is just feedback, which tells you how close you are to your goal and which direction to move towards your goal. This is the root of the phrase the Universe rewards action.

My personal version of this is, "Everything that happens to me is for my greater good". Expanding again. This means that any so called bad stuff is just putting a challenge in my way that I need to learn how to overcome, so that I'm ready for a more important challenge later. A cornier version which I don't identify with is, "Anything that doesn't kill me makes me stronger".

These and others are really just various express of fundamentally the same belief. People holding them are far less limited by fear of success or failure and maybe other things.

I think that IPM is usable for this, but Belief may be the match for you. I would say that for a few dollars it's worth checking out. However, if a part of you is just looking for a quick fix; the next miracle pill, then you won't may not find it in the Belief tape.

Many people skim from solution to solution and really advoiding the problem. You've obviously done a lot of thinking about you're issues so this isn't probably you issue. However, the Universe doesn't reward thinking it rewareds action. Try something and see what the universe tells you.

One last note, I would suggest to anyone using paraliminal tapes. Learn a little about NLP "Neural Linguistic Programming". I know only a little but I believe it makes the tapes far more effective. It's definitely incorporated in the tapes and their guides, but many people probably gloss over or trivialize statements like notice what improvement are happening in your life.

You can search most of the forums, and there is lots of free stuff on the web about NLP.

Happy journey and sending love,
Iam2

#6634 09/24/03 01:18 AM

I purchased "Belief" on eBay because it was a deal. It's one of my favorite tapes. I consider it to be more powerful then the "Generator" tapes. It's not a "magic bullet," but it is a "big gun."

I've used it to change my basic Body Image. "Ideal Weight" is nice for adjusting one's relationship to one's weight and to one's food... but "ugly" is a deeper problem than "fat." I've also had less "bounce back" with Belief, although I admit there is some, then I have had with other Paraliminals. I think it's because of the structure of how the tape works, which is the "Rule of Three." The hard part is erasing a belief, but if you can understand what formed the belief, you can understand that the belief is something you formed, rather than something that is axiomatic that you realized. Next, you go back through your history and look for examples that you can use to create a new belief. In my specific case, it was three people telling me I was sexy... and then proving it by having sex with me. The only reason I had to use a tape to install this belief is because prior experience (bullies telling me I was ugly... and then "proving" it by inflicting their own spiritual ugliness upon me with violent hands) had created a counter-belief that blocked the noticing.

"Belief" is very close to the "Witness" step from Natural Brilliance. When a positive belief fails to form, it is because we somehow missed Witnessing our moment of truth. Lucky for us, as long as we retain some memory of the experience, we can extract the lesson from that experience. Belief guides you through that.

The other reason why it's my favorite is that one of the stories is about two baloonists, a male and female, who go around looking for places to plant seeds. I imagine my cats flying a baloon and looking for places to plant catnip. Yeah, it's silly, but it's my favorite "Story Time with Paul Scheele."

On a related note, "Anxiety Free" always makes me think of "The Ring." It's one of the reasons I usually tackle things I'm anxious about with other paraliminals, such as "New Option Generator."

I hope this helps.

#6635 09/25/03 04:33 PM
Hoss Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for all the great advice. This is all very helpful.
I am not really expecting Belief to make any real change by itself. I just want to deal with some limiting beliefs that are keeping me from making some changes.

Kaiden, when you say that you have had less "bounce back", do you mean that the results are more stable than with other paraliminals? That would make sense because it probably deals with the core issues better than the other tapes. It can probably cut right to the source of the problem, as you described in your post.

Once again, thanks for all the advice.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved