Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Bobbi Offline OP
OP Offline

What is the difference between Effortless Success and Abundance for Life? In what ways are they similar? How does one decide which to buy?

Bobbi

Last edited by Bobbi; 01/22/09 04:29 AM.

In some ways they are very similar and different in others. I found Abundance for Life very profound in many ways. LS basically used the teachings of four different teachers to create a system of breaking trances. At least three of those teachers show up in other programs, including Happy for No Reason and Effortless Success.

I think that Effortless Success is more down-to-earth. Watching threads here, many people get stuck on the "feeling exercise" in AFL. ES also seems to have an easier to follow path. Both are excellent. I found tremendous breakthroughs in AFL, especially in the the Gold Edition interview information. On the other hand, I didn't find myself working on specific issues with as much regularity as I do in ES. I think Paul may have found some simpler information by working with Jack Canfield.

Oddly enough, in an interview Paul talks about people having breakthroughs in Photo Reading, which is probably due to the mind state one has to obtain in reaching the reading state. I guess any opportunity to get in touch with your inner guidance, or at least to put aside your own monkey chatter for a while, will bring profound results. However, ES deals with some day-to-day issues that can be frustrating for most people.

Learning Strategies Admin

Abundance For Life is for breaking your trances it will heighten your self-awareness and bring new perspectives on life that will smooth rough edges, focus your intention, and tune your brain for opportunities that bring your goals to you. Abundance For Lifehelps you to realise who you really are.

Effortless Success teaches the Law of Attraction, Ask, Believe, Receive. Jack Canfield is someone who lives the Law of Attraction and has success in all areas of his life. He teach
the techniques and how he put the Law of Attraction to work. Effortless Success gives you a process that puts the Law of Attraction to work.

AlexK

Effortless Success teaches the Law of Attraction, Ask, Believe, Receive. Jack Canfield is someone who lives the Law of Attraction and has success in all areas of his life.

He got divorce recently: is this success?

He and Inga have been married quite some time and still are.

AlexK

I got this from the web (http://www.myfray.com/2008/12/26/why-did-jack-canfield-divorce/)

In 1971, Canfield married Judith Ohlbaum, with whom he had two children, Oran and Kyle. They divorced in November 1976. This was his first wife.

In 1978, Canfield was named Outstanding Young Man of America by the U.S. Jaycees.

On September 9, 1978, Canfield married Georgia Lee Noble, with whom he had one more child, Christopher Noble. They divorced in December 1999.

On July 4, 2001, Canfield married for a third time to Inga Marie Mahoney, from which marriage he obtained a stepson and a stepdaughter.

Well, considering the above facts Jack Canfield might as well need to read the motivational books he writes to himself and yes, also give himself a self-esteem seminar.

Being successful is not about being perfect nor about not having made mistakes in the past or having other failures, I think it is really more about how one responds to mistakes, failures and adversity.

The founder of IBM reportedly said, "Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It's quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn't as all. You can be discouraged by failure -- or you can learn from it. So go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because, remember that's where you will find success." -- Thomas J. Watson, Sr.

My impression is that his writings on the law of attraction are more recent i.e. mostly since his latest marriage. If he's happy now in his marriage then why not count it as being successful in that area. And couldn't his history be interpreted as a sign that his program might work or at least a reason to be optimistic about it ... after all if a man with a past history of 2 divorces can find success in relationship, then why not anyone?

I believe marriage involves two people if one person no longer needs nor feels that the relationship is successful for them why should the other be considered unsuccessful if they free themselves to continue their idea of a successful relationship with another?

We're all moving toward a future of our ideal of success. Right now Jack is happy and successful in his lifestyle. What his life demonstrates is success is achievable regardless of the past and it isn't always about keeping a status quo. It might mean letting go of what is not working.

AlexK

Uniquesol has a point.

You'd expect these gurus to live what they sell, er, did I say sell? I meant 'preach', of course. I'm sure money has nothing to do with it.

Alex, yes, marriage does involve two people, but surely someone who is as tuned in as Jack Cranfield "Shining Star Of 'The Secret'", would have attracted the perfect life companion. Or am I missing something?

I am puzzled by Wayne Dyer in a similar respect, who lives on Maui, while his wife lives somewhere else. Oh, and the fact that he talks so much about being close to source, yet has had surgery in recent years instead of being able to heal himself from his source.

Hmm...

On a different note, I did start reading a book called 'Harmonic Wealth' by a James Arthur Ray yesterday, who has a slightly different take on all this LOA stuff, and explains that you have to work on 5 'pillars' of your life to keep it truly afloat.

We expect a lot of things by our ideals and we live a life where our ideals aren't true either. Like people growing apart. The stress we often experience is because reality and our expectations of what things like marriage should be don't match.

Everyone I've read about in regard to the Law or Attraction went through a period where it didn't work for them. They all teach how they found what was missing in their life.

If Jack was born a master of the Law of Attraction then it becomes something unattainable to the rest of us. However he had relationships that didn't work in the past and now has everything the he wants. That makes it attainable to everyone else. Since he wasn't born a success in all areas of his life he had to start working at it and found how it works for him.

As for people growing apart, it's going to happen. Success means different things to everyone. So they may divorce for practical reasons. That doesn't mean the love has ended. In the fairy tales they lived happily ever after in reality people are largely reactionary. They react to things like having children, Global financial problems and the like.

In the movies there is an oft played theme where someone, who has difficulty dealing with the situation runs away screaming right into the hands of what they fear while others tried to hold them back and deal with the problem at the same time in a more calm and resourceful way than one of the ones they want to protect. People do that in marriage too.

We look at the movie and say it's just a story. Jacks path to success included divorce. That might not be my ideal but as Byron Katie might say... Who's business are you in? Success means something different to everyone. I know that right now Jack has the life he chooses, the relationship he wants to be in and that's his success.

The Effortless Success course teaches you how to have your success and live your life, your business.

AlexK

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved