Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Originally Posted By: Inchiki Gaijin
Uniquesol has a point.

I am puzzled by Wayne Dyer in a similar respect, who lives on Maui, while his wife lives somewhere else. Oh, and the fact that he talks so much about being close to source, yet has had surgery in recent years instead of being able to heal himself from his source.

And the Buddha supposedly died from a severe stomach ailment; Jesus is said to have been captured and crucified, despite having access to many powers; and on and on.

They--and we--are not robots. We're all humans. Some more insightful than others, but all perfectly capable of failure, pain, illness, and the other humanly foibles.

On the flip side, we're all equally capable of learning, even from the stumbles. There's the key: why remain in the dark, if you can learn how to switch on the overhead light?

(And just for the record, ever stop to think that maybe Dyer's wife has good reasons for living elsewhere that have nothing to do with Dyer's relationship skills? It happens. Maybe you should look into it, if it bothers you so much.)

Oh Lordy! If I started on about what bothers me about Wayne Dyer, I'd be here all day!

Aw, go on then, I can spare a little time for a dig or two...

It's a shame really, because I've gained so much from his earlier teachings, and 'The Power Of Intention' was my favourite book at one time. Since then, for me at any rate, he has just become repetitive and contradictory. And this was the person who possesed the genius to conceive a book title like 'Your Erroneous Zones' and offer a strategy for dealing with arguments that left my ex-girlfriend dead in her tracks when a row stared brewing. Pure genius! If you ask me nicely, I'll tell you what it is. \:\)

I think the crowning moment, though, has to be his declaration in 'Inspiration' that he is an incarnation of St Frank of Assisi. I mean, come on!!! He might be, for all I know - and it's difficult to prove either way, but what bothers me is the fact that he feels the need to tell everyone. That is pure ego at work, something that he is telling us all to work on losing.

Then there are his 'facts' that are laughably inaccurate. He says that the sound 'a' exists in virtually all the names for 'God'. Nonsense! In Russian it's 'Bog', in Czech 'Buh', in French 'Dieu', in Spanish 'Dios'...and it only sounds like 'Gaaaaad' in US English! When I say it, it is a definite 'o' sound. He likes to get his audiences to say 'I' and then point to themselves, proving that 'I' is in the heart, not in the head, when everyone points to their chests. I'd like to see him do it in Japan, where everyone points to his nose! I think they do in China too - quite a significant slice of the world's population, n'est-ce pas? Poor research.

I could go on...

But I won't. Let's talk about something positive instead.

'The Effortless Success course teaches you how to have your success and live your life, your business.'

Which is why I'm ordering it! I might have been premature in my judgements, even if I don't like the way it's marketed. On the strength of the quality of everything else I have ordered from LSC, I doubt that you'd risk turning out a course that wasn't up to scratch. The new Paraliminals are very nice - I love the music on them too. So, I'll give it a go!

Actually, I've just had an idea for a new one:

'This is Paul Scheele from Learning Strategies Corporation in Minneapolis and you're listening to the 'Delusions Of Grandeur' Paraliminal with Wayne Dyer' (Cue paraliminal jingle)

OK, I know, slap on wrist for being cynical.

Alex, OK, I take your point about Jack. He'd had his share of problems, learned how to deal with them and is now passing on some, or all, of that knowledge. That's why I'm willing to give to give it a go.

There is an old saying that goes: "He, who can, does; he, who can't, teaches". These gurus should beam health given that they claim to have reached enlightment. I think Byron Katie went blind quite a while after her "enlightment". Genpo Roshi, who has been a Zen monk for over thirty years, had to overcome cancer recently. Should his meditation not have cleared all the emotions producing the cancer? How about Bill Harris, who a few years ago moved from Janean to Denise as wife? He finished the Holosync program in 1994 or so. Denise is wife number 4.

What I don't like about most of these gurus is what they claim about their own achievements. If they have made lots of money out of their teachings, I am sure Oral Roberts, the religious preacher, has done the same or better, and many other preachers like him. What sets these gurus apart from lots of people is the single-mindedness in succeeding at all costs (see the story about the 100+ rejection of Chicken Soup for the Soul) and never, ever give up until they were able to break through. The gurus provide us with useful tools to improve ourselves. Some of them are unique (Photoreading), others exceptionally well explained and simple to apply (Diamond Feng Shui and Dowsing) and so on for all products. Lots of them contain extensive rebadging of previous work (look at how many gurus have used the work of Napoleon Hill, Maxwell Maltz, etc).

I believe we need to focuse our concentration more on a product we like and believe to be useful to us, rather than on its author. If the product is good for us, that's great. If not, we can look for another one.

LOL. There was an in-joke when I was training to be a teacher that took that one step further: 'He, who can, does; he who can't teaches and he, who can't teach, teaches teachers.'

Yes, they should demonstrate what they teach, especially things that are between them, and their 'source'. To be fair, though, I suppose using relationships as an attack-point is a bit unfair, because as Alex said, a relationship does depend on two people, and if you can't really have any control over what your partner wants. Health is something else, though. I expect them all to be radiating perfect health, after all the stuff they spout. Another point - Wayne Dyer's guru, Ram Dass, is very ill, and shouldn't bem if he's so enlightened. Oh yes, and Dyer actually had the cheek to ask his readers to contribute money to build Dass a home in Maui - er, only the most expensive of the already expensive Hawaiian islands. Pity he gave all his stuff away, or he'd have been able to do it himself.

But then again, did he give it all away? It was you who said he just put it in trust with someone for a year, wasn't it? That's very naughty, because in his lecture program called 'Being In Balance' (the worst I've heard him do yet), he talks about letting go of all this material stuff, and lets out a long sigh that sounds SO false, you just know he didn't want to! He's just doing it because he feels he has to to look spiritual. But it just doesn't come across.

Elsewhere, in 'Inspiration' he talks about his beloved writing desk in Maui...er...Wayne, didn't you let go of all your material ties when you got rid of your house? Oops! And do you really need a sea-view villa with a swimming pool?

I have just started using Holosync again, after a 9 year-absence. I kind of lost my way with all this self-help stuff, but now I'm back. I felt the value in it immediatley, and I've wondered why I ever stopped. Just think, in a month or two, I'll be all fluffy and warm, and wishing everyone inner peace and happiness...

...or not, as the case may be. While I like all this New Age stuff, I do have my feet planted firmly on the ground, and my 'billshutometer' is on a sensitive setting.

I do agree that we shoudl give products a try, most certainly. But once money is involved, and peopel can see there's a market for it, you're going to get a lot of trash coming in with the real stuff. Dare I say Joe Vitale? I want to know more about this Hypnopongo stuff or whatever it's called, but whenever I Google it, Joe Soprano keeps coming up, and I don't trust him.

On a final note, I wouldn't mind a few wives either, just so long as I don't have to marry any of them!

Hi Shalom,
Thank you so much for the inspirational - original - quote re success by IBM's Watson. I am going to print it out and hang it up in the classroom for my students to read (I teach English in a French high-school).
Too many of us are so afraid of failure and perceive it as something bad. In my life a failure has often clarified a lot for me. If Canfield has two failed marraiges, then he is a shining example to go on and keep trying until you get it right. We aren't born as relationship experts, and neither, probably was he.
You know what I say to Canfield's marraige(s)? It's none of our damn business. He isn't selling courses for perfect marriages, or perfect anything. It is human to err and he embodies human weakness as well as strength.
Here's to great marriages and having the courage to recognise when it isn't working for us.
Enjoy all your Success,
French Claire

In the words Jesus said....He without sin cast the first stone...

I have been reading what people say and I am grateful that this Forum exists where i can read about peoples experiences and learn from them.

I would like to say that i believe things happen for a reason, and that who can say what is right and what is not right for someone else. If Jacks history had been different, then the message he teaches would be different. Maybe better, maybe worse, maybe not at all. Who knows. What i do know is that a lot of what Jack teaches resonnates positively with me, and i am thankful and appreciative of the lessons i have learnt so far. He has already made a difference, by allowing some real positive internal shifts to occur.

I also want to say how much ive learnt from everyone already who has contributed here - thank you so much. I have only been a member a couple of days, but i have already found things of great value to me.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved