Some final advice on this topic:

When someone offers you advice on overcoming a serious addiction - consider whether that person is speaking from personal experience:

Has the advice they are offering you worked for them?

Have they actually overcome an addiction?

Do they seem to be happy?

Well adjusted?

Has the method they recommend worked for others? How many?

Just because some people are allergic to milk or have a moral objection to consuming any type of animal products, does not mean that millions of others could not receive health benefits from drinking it. In a like manner, just because a certain method does not work for certain people, does not mean that nobody else should try it.

In my own personal experience, I have overcome numerous serious, chronic addictions. What has worked for me has worked for millions of people. That doesn't mean it will work for everybody. I have also found that a combination of methods can have a synergistic effect. Sometimes a certain method may be necessary for a certain time period (taking psychiatric medication, for example), then, when the individual has cleared those particular energy fields, they may be able to ween themselves off slowly - under medical supervision. I do not take any medication. I am clean and sober for over six years. I am in excellent health. That is my experience.

To summarize, these are the methods I have found most useful:

The 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous

The Sedona Method

Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)

Writings of Dr. David Hawkins (Power vs. Force, et al)

Nichiren Buddhism (chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo)

None of this is to say that all or any of these methods will work for everybody. They have, however, worked for millions of individuals. So, once again, I wish anybody who is struggling with any kind of addiction to give yourself every chance possible to free yourself and find the happiness that exists within you - as you.

Peace,

Robert