Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#70994 02/26/09 05:45 AM
RAD Offline OP
OP Offline

Am new to paraliminals. I have been listening to the self esteem paraliminal twice a day for the past 3 weeks or so - when I wake up and when I got to sleep and I'm noticing that my negative self talk is constant and I'm more confrontational at work. Am I distorting self esteem for not being pushed over by others at work?

RAD Offline OP
OP Offline

How can I get rid of the constant negative self talk? Should I put the self esteem paralminal aside and buy the auto pilot cd?

I'm not the expert (that would be Alex), but just speaking for myself as a customer and user of paraliminals, I wonder if you might receive better results if you use your Self Esteem para with other paras to help you achieve a certain goal. One paraliminal that I consider really important in helping me achieve what I want is "You Deserve It." Sometimes what holds us back is that kind of negative self-talk you mention--and YDI, at least for me, knocks that out.

Please do pay close attention to those critical voices that you receive both from inside and from the environment around you. Those of others, and the meaning you get from situations. You may not want to have them! Yet these are diamonds in the rough. When you do receive one of those critical voices Thank that message. That message has been a very good friend all of your life. It has served you so well. Some of those meanings may have kept you from making a fool of yourself. Allowed you to keep some form of sanity in a not so nice world. And even propelled you to change your course of action.
Now in your present life those critical voices are not serving you the way that is presently beneficial. And it is nice to know that you can change and recode those beliefs.
You will get extremely good results using the work of Byron Katie http://www.thework.com/thework.asp
And some paraliminals that I really like for this are New History Generator, Belief, New Options Generator and New Behaviour Generator.
Make friends with those voices and ask them if they would change to help you in more beneficial ways.
If you find them so annoying relocate them to your Big Toe. Make them speak to you like they were from the cutest Gold fish in a pond and see if it still has the same cut, I bet it will not.
Best of all now have fun.

When I began using paraliminals I noticed my negative self-talk, also. I think it was always there, sort of like the wallpaper you hate is always in the room but you start accepting it or ignoring it.

After listening for a while, I noticed that my negative self-talk became more distant and less personal. I got to the point where I could catch a negative thought as it came in. It's almost like catching a piece of paper with a message on it! I could look at the thought from a different point of view, and decide to modify it to fit my goals, or crumple it up and throw it out!

This sort of sneaked up on me. It wasn't the way I was expecting Paraliminal results to manifest.

I want to thank you for your question, RAD, because it reminds me how far I've come in getting rid of my negative inner chatter. And it reminds me how much more fun I have in my life right now!

One more thing--sometimes it does help to explore another paraliminal. I was using the Sonic Access for Success to address a career goal, but not really feeling like it was working. I decided to put it aside for a while and work on relationships instead. I played the Sonic Access for Relationships, and zoom! My goal for my career started to manifest! I guess I needed to work on a different area than I thought at first.

My best wishes and thoughts are going out to you. Be kind to yourself, and watch how the world shifts.

Warmest wishes,

Linda
Washington State
RAD Offline OP
OP Offline

Wow....thanks so much to the three of you for your insight and encouragement. All great nuggets of advice.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Linda, you hit the nail on the head. I feel the same way. When I started doing paraliminals I noticed the negative chatter that had been constant in the past, but I wasn't aware of it. When I became aware of it, I was disturbed. But the first step to change, is awareness of the problem.

The paraliminals help, but also positive affirmations are my defense to the dark voices. When they start, I just repeat things like, "I release all doubts and fears." over and over again, or "I prosper wherever I turn." I post notes in my car, carry them in my pocket book and have them on my desk. They are all just simple positive sayings.....thoughts are things. I can replace them with good vibrations today.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved