Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
michael11 #71367 04/01/09 01:56 AM

Michael,

I find that if I set a clear purpose before photoreading, then do a quick (5 min) SuperRead and Dip before setting the book down for a sleep cycle, the next day I can come back, restate my purpose (sometimes it has shifted slightly) and then do another SuperRead/Dip session in which I MindMap the key points as I read, what I come away with is a fairly comprehensive understanding of the author's overall concept/arguments.

However, I think like you, I struggle with gaining any real detail... anecdotes, facts, etc. don't seem to "jump out" while SuperReading...

and I still feel that unless I have dipped into a section, I don't have access to the information.

Amor

Alex -

I thought that the 30 min challenge results (as well as the radio interview with Pete and Chris) presented on the DVD were examples of recalling information that hadn't been consciously/manually activated....

Is this not the case?

Also, I appreciate your suggestions concerning concepts. My whole life I have been a concept thinker. My brain latches onto bigger picture generalizations, not details or specific applications. In many ways I find this to be a very helful tendency, however I wonder if you have suggestions for building a more "specific" approach>

Thanks!

Amor

amor #71377 04/01/09 06:18 PM

I have the same thoughts like amor about superreading and dipping.

helenora #71902 05/06/09 07:27 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

In the 30 minute challenge superreading and dipping is part of the challenge. We start to manually activate.

I had a group of my students meet on Sunday. Fun day. I set them some PhotoReading challenges. They had to mind map a in the four hours we PhotoRead 15, book mind mapped and discussed 3 books which they only had 15 minutes with (greatly reducing the 30 minute challenge). In the 15 minutes they had to superread and dip for information that satisfied their goals. I threw a couple of additional challenges at them.

Refine your purpose if you want more details. What details do you want? It comes down to your purpose.

AlexK

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved