Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71057 03/06/09 09:15 PM
OP Offline

Hi, i'am William and i lived in france, please apologize for my bad english i'm still young \:\) .

I've got a question about the Blip page,i know a lot of tread have been done for this but i didn't found a answer to my question.
A lot of people said that seing the blip page isn't usefull, and that you can photoread without it, i'am sure their right, but i think seing it can be a sort of proof that you look every page in the good way so i want to perform it.

So their is the first question :
Everyone know that seing an blip page can be compared to look behind the book, my first question is, do the "distance" your looking havean impact on your reading... personaly i can have a blip page from 1 to aroud 7 cm (like 3 inches, maximum due to eye exartment).

My second question is about what page do you look, and with what eye ? i think my question is not very comprehensible so i explain, i read that to photoread, the information were seing have to be in our periperical vision, is that true? If it's the case, it meen that when we photoread we have to see the right page with the left eye end the left page with the right eye, is it important ? When i try to get a blip page, the right page my right eye see and the one my left eye see just apared one after the other, staying for 2 or 3 sec. i dont know if we can control it and if its important.

I think thats it for the moment \:\)

Thank you very much for your answers!

William

Learning Strategies Admin

Photo focus is a divergent gaze.

It's a nice way of knowing that you are in photo focus provided you aren't crossing your eyes to see the blip page. But you don't need it. My successful experiences included times when I did not look for blip page.

The book should be 20 to 40 cm away from your face as you turn the pages.

Look at both pages, soft gaze, notice all the text on the page. What you are describing as crossing your eyes, that is not photo focus. I recommend you use the imaginary X-technique.

AlexK

Hi, Alex!

I don't see blip page:(

is it essential? or can I use X-technique instead?

Helenora,

"Look at both pages, soft gaze, notice all the text on the page. What you are describing as crossing your eyes, that is not photo focus. I recommend you use the imaginary X-technique.

AlexK "

It's not essential. You can use the X technique instead if you wish.

Ok, I do so. Thanks. And as for you? Do you Photoread? I'm asking because for me all this is very surprising

Of course I photoread.
I've been photoreading since September of 2007.

I'm so happy, now I can see the blip page and that 's made me feel so glad!!!!!!!!!!!!! only problem now is that I see that blip page when I look above the book and when I try to move towards the center of the page , the "blip page" dissapears. So I return to the beginning and look above the page.

how can I hold photofocus when I move my eyes into the center of the page?

Practice.

Getting used to and familiar with it.

And you mean the blip page, not photofocus. You are still in photofocus while using the X technique.

One of my students in class this weekend had a challenge with the blip page. I tell you as I told my student, Let go. The blip is just a nice cue that you are in photofocus and in the beginning it goes away when you start turning the pages. Just use the imaginary X-technique and wait until it comes back into focus.

If you want to accelerate your ability to hole the blip page you must train your eyes like you train your whole body when you decide to enter a race. You don't expect to go from never running to running 20 miles the next day.

Play with stereograms (3D images.) Print some out (12 is a good number) Then using divergent gaze bring the picture into focus. Do it for the set 3 times a day (different times) for 3 days and you'll notice that you hold the blip page better.

AlexK

Yes, Thanks!

I've already done it, only one day of practice I can hold blip page.

I've made a slideshow with stereogramms.

you can download it http://depositfiles.com/files/6j0tbs4xr here

if you can read this hidden text, you've mastered watching stereogramm

Last edited by helenora; 03/29/09 07:08 PM.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved