Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#71189 03/16/09 07:50 AM
OP Offline

hello!

(sorry for my wrong english)

i'm new to photoreading and also to this forum..

i have just finished reading the photoreading whole mind system 3rd edition last saturday..after i have finish reading the 3rd edition i immediately practice how to see a blip page, i'm not really sure if what i see is a blip page ( i notice that the crease is doubling)..after of how many minutes of practice i rest for about 2.5 hours and i tried to photoread the first four chapters of our physics book and by the following day i tried to activate it but nothing happened i wrote questions and try to answer it but i really can't find answer..i decided to photoread a novel (i preview it and wrote the significant persons and places and)and while i was in the photoreading stage i notice that my eyes become watery then i stop the process because it really bothers me..

my question as a newbie to this field is "why is it that i can't find answers to what i have photoread in our physics book?" "why my eyes become watery while photoreading the novel?" and "how can i determine if what i see is a blip page?"

again sorry for my wrong grammar in english

thanks!

If YOU can't get what YOU want, want what YOU can get..

"why is it that i can't find answers to what i have photoread in our physics book?"

You're new to photoreading. When you first learned reading, as a young child, did you use physics books? No, you used something that you had a lot of interest in and that was easy. Do the same thing when learning photoreading.

"why my eyes become watery while photoreading the novel?"

This could be for a variety of different reasons. Maybe your eyes are adjusting to using a soft focus. Maybe you're straining your eyes too much and should relax more?
That's hard for anyone else but yourself to answer.

"how can i determine if what i see is a blip page?"

http://www.photoreading.com.au/photofocus_-_seeing_the_page.html

Go there and read that article.

"You're new to photoreading. When you first learned reading, as a young child, did you use physics books? No, you used something that you had a lot of interest in and that was easy. Do the same thing when learning photoreading."

at the moment I have to read a lot of books, some of them are not much interesting for me.As you say above, about interesting books, is it essential point to use only books I'm interested in at the beginning of photoreading?

Last edited by helenora; 03/17/09 05:36 PM.

What do you feel, Jacktuff13, when you photoread, do you have any thoughts in your mind when you photoread? Do you think about book you read or you think about nothing?

Helenora,
Learn the system on easy books first, so that you can apply them to the books you MUST read. If you can't do it in time to get the books you mentioned read, then just use regular reading. You're more accustomed to it. Unless you feel comfortable with photoreading.

Or, integrate some of the new techniques you've learned to help you comprehend the books you have to read at this point, before mastering photoreading. That is:
1)Photoread the books
2)Read them normally
3)Make mind maps
....etc. Not necessarily that, or in that order, but it's just an example to help you do better with what you need now, before you feel comfortable with photoreading enough to use the system without regular reading.

When I photoreading, I usually think of nothing. Sometimes I focus on my breathing, making sure it's deep and in a constant rhythm.
I always say the chant.
Sometimes I start to day dream while turning the pages. I don't mind so much, because I know that if I'm not processing the book consciously, I must be processing it unconsciously, and so I'm still photoreading.

Sometimes a few thoughts about the book pop into my head, but I don't really respond or hold on to them for long.

Typically, I focus on breathing and on the chant and I allow whatever happens, to happen.

Just stay relaxed, comfortable, and keep breathing and you'll be fine.

OP Offline

@Jacktuff13

thanks for the advice and also for the link..

now i know that what i see is really a blip page..

oh! by the way, regarding to my watery eyes, maybe it is because of the electricfan in front of me maybe the air irritates my eyes causing it to become watery.

i tried the dictionary exercise and the result is always reverse..in my mind it is in the lower left but the reverse happen it is in the upper right..maybe this is just normal? it happened 3 times already always reverse result..

"oh! by the way, regarding to my watery eyes, maybe it is because of the electricfan in front of me maybe the air irritates my eyes causing it to become watery."

That would be it. :-D

"i tried the dictionary exercise and the result is always reverse..in my mind it is in the lower left but the reverse happen it is in the upper right..maybe this is just normal? it happened 3 times already always reverse result.."

As Paul stated, it's because the eyes take in information upside down and your brain interprets the image and make it right side up.
That's most likely why.

Dictionary game means nothing, so don't focus on it too much.

OP Offline

"Dictionary game means nothing, so don't focus on it too much."

ok..i'll follow of what you say since you're an experienced photoreader..

now i'm in tape 2b..i'll do the exercises now.

Jacktuff13, I photoread 1 book a day before going to bed and next day I do activation process. I get all answers to my questions, only one thing concerns me is that I feel unsure about the content. Although I get all these answers and even ideas( i ask myself "What ideas are important in this book for me"), I don't feel quite sure about the hole stuff, i think "what if I didn't noticed smth important " and smth like that. I think you understand.

is it natural for new photoreaders?

OP Offline

hello! helenora,

i have just also started photoreading.last night i photoread a book before going to bed..

i have a question, how did you know that the answer you're looking for is on that page? i ask this because i'm confuse of how will i know where part of the book will i find the answer to my questions..do i need to super read all pages on the book to find the answers?

thanks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved